Pastor Roger Anghis
June 10, 2012
Revelation 1:4 “John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
(5) And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
(6) “And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.”
Last week we learned that even Jesus operated under authority. Our western civilization is not use to a monarchy. The kingdom of God is not a republic or] a democracy. There are no voting booths. We have a three tiered political system, Executive, legislative and judicial, that can’t agree on much anymore. The kingdom of God has a three tiered system, Father, Son and the Holy Spirit and they always agree. When they issue a decree, it is called a command. They don’t ask us for our opinion. Jesus may be your Savior, but is He your Lord? A lot of Christians aren’t going anywhere because they refuse to come under His authority. They go to church and shout Praise the Lord, but they won’t let go of pornography, they won’t let go of alcohol, they won’t let go of drugs. God has a system that He set up and it only works one way, His way.
God has directed us as to our priorities. Our priorities are supposed to be His priorities. We hustle around with OUR priorities putting God’s second.
Matthew 6:31 “Therefore take no (anxious) thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
(32) (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
(33) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
Sometimes we get anxious about what we are doing and as kings we feel that we need to do more, but supplying the resources for the expansion of the kingdom is the kings calling, nothing more. You can do a Bible study at work or something along that line but to try to take on the role of the priest will get you out of the will of God. The king may be in business or he may be a teacher and will receive a vision for that vocation that will help bring in the provision he is assigned to bring in, but the priest is the one that receives the vision for the advancement of the kingdom through the corporate body.
(1 Kings 18) Elijah has come on the scene because of the sins of Israel. Elijah has declared that there would be no rain until he said so. The king of Israel at that time was Ahab whose wife was Jezebel. She was pretty much running the show because Ahab was weak and cowardly. Scripture tells us that there were prophets that ate at Jezebels table. Ahab represents that government and the prophets that ate at Jezebels table tell us that, most likely, these prophets were being paid off by the government. Elijah spoke a prophetic Word is calling for no rain because he was under authority. Under the authority of God. These prophets had gone out from under that authority and were operating on their own. Elijah called for a showdown with these prophets. They couldn’t accomplish anything and Elijah called out to the true God. We know that fire came down and consumed the sacrifice and Elijah killed all the prophets of Baal. Then Elijah spoke to Ahab: 1 Kings 18:41 “And Elijah said unto Ahab, Get thee up, eat and drink; for there is a sound of abundance of rain.
(42) So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees,”
There had not been rain for 3 ½ years, yet the prophet heard the rain! There are things that the priest hears that the king cannot. Notice that Elijah told Ahab to eat and drink and Ahab did eat and drink. He did so because he trusted the word of the prophet. After all he did say that there would be no rain and it hadn’t rained for 3 ½ years. He knew that he was anointed and if he said it, God was going to bring it to pass.
We see this again in 2 Chronicles 20 when Jehoshaphat was surrounded by the enemy, he called upon God: 2 Chronicles 20:14 “Then upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, came the Spirit of the LORD in the midst of the congregation;”. Notice where the Word from God came from, the priest. The priest will tell you when and where so you can be ready to fight the battle with the favor of God on your side. The priests vision will give you direction 2 Chronicles 20:14 “Then upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, came the Spirit of the LORD in the midst of the congregation;
(15) And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's.
(16) To morrow go ye down against them: behold, they come up by the cliff of Ziz; and ye shall find them at the end of the brook, before the wilderness of Jeruel.
(17) Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.” The priest is anointed build you up so that you can win the battles. He is anointed to give you God’s purpose for your existence so that you can rise up for every occasion, in His power, and His might. 2 Chronicles 20:20 “And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.” They went out to battle and they praised the Lord and the enemy began to fight against themselves and the battle was won by Israel. Proverbs 29:18 “Where there is no vision, the people perish: (run wild).” If the priest isn’t speaking vision into the kings life, the king will come up with his own vision. If the priest doesn’t spend enougn time with God, he’ll get a vision from someplace else and then both the king and the priest will be off in left field somewhere out from under God’s authority most likely doing something wrong.
My anointing is no different than your anointing. Mine is to teach, bring His vision forth and your anointing is to help bring that vision into reality with provision. We have to stay true to our anointing. We went through some tough times, but God gave us favor and the grace to go through those tough times. We stayed on course with what He had called us to do. We were called to preach the uncompromised Word of God. Whether it was in a home or someplace else, we had services and we continued on with diligence. People talked and are still talking, but we will continue with what He has called us to do and what He has anointed us to do.
Each one of you has been called to do something in the kingdom. Most have been called to be a king. Go out and fight the battles and bring the spoils. See the vision for what He has called you to do in what ever field you are in. You don’t fight actual battles like David fought. Your battles are in the business world.
We have a vision for this church to reestablish the church in this nation as it was when this nation was founded. Strong. A major influence in the community. Operating in God’s will and on God’s Word staying true to dictates of scripture. Involved in politics. All aspects of it. Evaluating candidates and parties. Naming names, telling the truth and shaming the devil.
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
Setting up resource centers for the disadvantaged and bringing the Love of God to them in a manner that they are not accustom. All of this take money, and God knows it and has anointed you to bring that money into His house so that these visions can become reality. Just as Abram was given the ram (provision) as he was being obedient to God’s command to sacrifice Isaac, so you will be given what you need to go out and win some battles.
As we begin to renew this relationship between the kings and the priests we will see the church rise to new heights of power and wealth and influence that will begin to draw more and more to the kingdom. God knows what needs to be done and who He wants to do it. It’s my responsibility to receive the vision He hs for the church and it is your responsibility to provide the resources for that vision.
� 2012 Roger Anghis - All Rights Reserved
Pastor Roger Anghis is the Founder of RestoreFreeSpeech.org, an organization designed to draw attention to the need of returning free speech rights to churches that was restricted in 1954.
President of The Damascus Project, TheDamascusProject.org, which has a stated purpose of teaching pastors and lay people the need of the churches involvement in the political arena and to teach the historical role of Christianity in the politics of the United States. Married-37 years, 3 children, three grandchildren.
Web site: RestoreFreeSpeech.org
E-Mail: [email protected]