Other Kjos Articles:
DOES YOUR 'MENTAL HEALTH' MEET GLOBAL STANDARDS? SERIES
LEGALIZING MIND CONTROL, PART 1
By Berit Kjos
September 22, 2003
Would the American people allow government control and collectivism to replace freedom and individualism? You bet! So would the rest of the world. This social transformation is well under way, and the masses simply flow with the change.  [See "Brainwashing in America"] Planned over a century ago, the framework for managing and monitoring this worldwide revolution was in place by 1945.
Like the mythical Phoenix rising out of its ashes, the United Nations emerged from the fiery devastation of World War 2 as a beacon of light to utopian humanists and their hopeful followers. Within a year after Communist leader Alger Hiss presided over its birth, some of its most powerful agencies had been established. Julian Huxley (brother of Aldous) led the UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). And Canadian psychiatrist Brock Chisholm laid the foundation for the World Health Organization (WHO).
The two socialist Director-Generals shared a common vision of a tightly controlled global community, but Dr. Chisholm summarized it best in 1946. Ponder his words, for they exposed a global plan for "peace" designed to conform the "mental health" of all people to his radical mission. Notice the villains in this crusade:
Those "poisonous certainties" include all the unchanging truths and values that can't be compromised. That's why Biblical Christianity was -- and continues to be -- incompatible with the world's standards for mental health. Many who refuse to conform to the evolving guidelines for tolerance, inclusiveness, group dialogue and adaptability to the UN plan for "continual change" are facing severe consequences.  [See "Ban truth, reap tyranny"]
A WHO (World Health Organization) agency named "Nations for Mental Health" was established to guide the national branches of this global network founded by Dr. Chisholm. Its website tells us that "Governments will be assisted to formulate, implement, monitor and evaluate mental health policies...." These "policies should enable all individuals whose mental health is disturbed or whose psychological balance may be compromised to obtain services adapted to their needs, and to promote the optimal development of the mental health of the population." 
Do you wonder how nations will define, measure, monitor and promote "the optimal mental health of the population"? It starts with subtle, even secret, legislation.
Back in 1960, Dr. Lewis Alesen, former surgeon and president of California Medical Association, wrote this timely warning:
"... the proponents of the mental health program have been quick to elaborate a series of legislative proposals.... This is the age-old subterfuge of the collectivist, whose only solution for any problem, be it economic, social or political, is the passage of another law, the imposition of another tax, and the establishment of another bureau." 
He is right. Year after year, new laws that widen the web of surveillance -- and new regulations that ban "hate," "intolerance" and other broad and ambiguous threats to solidarity -- have been building an inescapable framework for control.
"We have a clear blueprint in place," announced Surgeon-General David Satcher at the "National Healthy People Consortium" meeting in 1998. "Currently, 47 states are actively involved in Healthy People 2000 and 'Healthy City and Healthy Community' initiatives are being pursued throughout the country. Hundreds of national organizations have reviewed the Year 2000 objectives and have adopted them as their own. ... No priority yet has generated as much interest and enthusiasm as this one on mental health..."
On April 29, 2002, President George W. Bush added his support to this massive network by signing an Executive Order with the misleading title, "President's New Freedom Commission on Mental Health." It established a commission which bound the Departments of Health and Human Services, Education and Labor together in a common quest for "the desired outcomes of mental health care, which are to attain each individual's maximum level of employment, self-care, interpersonal relationships, and community participation." 
That may sound fine to some of you. After all, mental illness has devastated countless lives and families around the world. But this vast new mental surveillance and remediation program reaches far beyond actual mental illness. Instead of informing tax-payers, its nice-sounding goals and promising titles seem designed to hide the truth, pacify the masses and prevent opposition. In his 1960 book, Mental Robots, Dr. Lewis A. Alesen, described this age-old tactic:
President Bush assures us that his new "Freedom Commission" (subtitled "Achieving the Promise: Transforming Mental Health Care in America") would "follow the principles of Federalism." Instead, it actually paves the way for an official cradle-to-grave behavioral modification and monitoring system that would turn those wise federalist principles upside-down. To "ensure that its recommendations would promote innovation, flexibility, and accountability at all levels of government" this Commission need only "respect" -- not accept or acknowledge --"the constitutional role of the States." That's not the Federalism guaranteed in our Constitution. 
Eight months after President Bush signed this Executive Order, his new "Freedom Commission on Mental Health" presented its report. Like the Homeland Security Act, the report focused on "prevention". To globalist managers who would conform our thinking to a communitarian ideal, prevention implies a continual program of assessing, monitoring and molding every mind -- before any evidence of "unhealthy" thinking appears. The following excerpts from its "Goal 4: Early Mental Health Screening, Assessment and Referral to Services" presents the persuasive "scientific" evidence needed to gain public support:
What is meant by "eliminate social and emotional barriers to learning"? Might it include Christian faith and a Biblical view of right and wrong? Or parental objections to government interference?  Or the constitutional rights that protect religious freedom?
If so, it would match Dr. Chisholm's blueprint for "mental health." You read some of the excerpts earlier. In that 1946 message (quoted earlier), the WHO pioneer asked, "Can such a program of re-education... be charted?"
The answer is yes, and each year brings us closer to this sobering reality.
But we shouldn't be surprised. The Bible describes a time ahead when His people will face unthinkable hatred and persecution from a world government determined to wipe out Biblical Christianity and all other obstacles to its absolute control. When that time comes, there will be only one place to hide: in Jesus Christ. Between now and then, let's pray for God's guidance and seek to awaken as many people as possible to the coming challenges to faith and freedom.
Next: Part 2 - The Global framework for Mind Control
1. "Mental Health and World Citizenship," presented at The International Congress on Mental Health (ICMF), London, 1948. At this conference, the name of the ICMH was changed to World Federation for Mental Health (WFMH). Since then, the WFMH has grown into a massive global network. Working closely with the World Health Organization (WHO), it has been implementing its agenda through the nations and regions of the world.
3. Brainwashing in America at www.crossroad.to/articles2/brainwashing.html
5. Ban truth, reap tyranny at www.crossroad.to/articles2/2003/ban-truth.htm
6.Found at the "Nations for Mental Health" website at www.who.int/msa/nam/nam6.htm (link now obsolete). We have a copy of the page and will provide more details about this program in Part 3 of this series.
8. David Satcher, MD, National Healthy People Consortium Meeting, November 12, 1998. http://odphp.osophs.dhhs.gov/pubs/HP2000/ satchconsor.htm
9. Executive Order (April 29, 2002) at www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/04/print /20020429-2.html. This statement also included "Veterans Affairs".
11. See "Federalism" and "Homeland Security and the Transformation of America." When the Federal Government holds each state "accountable" for meeting top-down "outcomes" determined by the World Health Organization (WHO), it violates the 10th Amendment. Holding the purse strings and setting the standards, it assumes the power to govern the states. Showing "respect" rather than submission to the Constitution, it manipulates both the intention and the rule of the law. Clinton's revised executive order on Federalism set the stage. It redesigned and redefined the relationship between states and the White House, and the executive branch has been taking full advantage of its new powers.
12. To understand how this "Nurse-Family Partnership" threatens the traditional family and challenges traditional values, read Brave New Schools, Chapter 7: "Silencing the Opposition." Online at www.crossroad.to/Books/BraveNew Schools/7-Silencing_Opposition.htm
13. President's New Freedom Commission on Mental Health, "Achieving the Promise: Transforming Mental Health are in America," Goal 4: E www.mentalhealthcommission.gov/reports/Final Report/FullReport-05.htm
� 2003 Berit Kjos - All Rights Reserved
Berit Kjos is a widely respected researcher, writer and conference speaker. A frequent guest on national radio and television programs, Kjos has been interviewed on Point of View (Marlin Maddoux), The 700 Club, Bible Answer Man, Beverly LaHaye Live, Crosstalk and Family Radio Network. She has also been a guest on "Talk Back Live" (CNN) and other secular radio and TV networks. Her last two books are A Twist of Faith and Brave New Schools. Kjos Ministries Web Site: http://www.crossroad.to/index.html
"Would the American people allow government control and collectivism to replace freedom and individualism? You bet! So would the rest of the world. This social transformation is well under way, and the masses simply flow with the change."