9-11 EIGHTH ANNIVERSARY
Dennis L. Cuddy, Ph.D.
September 7, 2009
With the 8th anniversary with 9/11 only a few days away, increasing attention will probably be paid to the several groups who continue to claim that the government has not revealed the complete truth about what transpired relevant to that tragic event. Unfortunately, most of these groups spend their time investigating such things as the possible use of Thermate/Thermite in collapsing the World Trade Center (WTC) towers. It’s fine that they investigate this, but what if they prove it was used? That won’t answer the questions of who or why, and a poll already has shown people don’t believe the government has told them the complete truth about what really happened.
In the articles and books (September 11 Prior Knowledge and Cover-Up: Government Spin or Truth?) I’ve written on the subject of 9/11, I raised many questions which have yet to be answered, and the several groups dedicated to investigating 9/11 seem not to have spent much time pursuing answers to my questions either.
(1) Has anyone interviewed all the children who brought cameras to school that day (to take pictures of the event) to find out how they knew something was going to happen? A boy at New Utrecht High School in Brooklyn on September 6, 2001 said, “Do you see those two buildings [WTC towers]? They won’t be standing there next week.”
(2) Has anyone pursued the question of how two almost pristine passports of the hijackers in New York and Pennsylvania survived when nearly everything else from the planes was incinerated or vaporized?
(3) Has anyone asked the government how they were able to have complete bios of all the hijackers shortly after the event, unless the government already had files on them and would therefore have been monitoring them to some degree?
(4) Has anyone filed a Freedom of Information request with the government to see if they were monitoring hijack ringleader Mohamed Atta in the U.S. prior to the event, as German intelligence believed we were (the INS allowed Atta to enter the U.S. three times on a tourist visa in 2001 even though officials knew the visa had expired in 2000)?
(5) Has anyone asked how government agents knew the details of a conversation between terrorist hijackers a week before 9/11 unless they were already being monitored (see Congressional testimony by Kristin Breitweiser)?
(6) Has anyone asked authorities to explain how so much debris from the plane that supposedly nose-dived in Pennsylvania could be found so many miles from the crash site?
(7) Has anyone pursued authorities for an explanation of how such a large plane could disappear into such a small hole in the Pentagon wall with no major debris (e.g., plane’s tail) left on the lawn?
(8) Why has then Vice-President Dick Cheney been allowed to get away with saying they thought the terrorist attack against the U.S. would probably come overseas, when our government received numerous warnings (e.g., from Britain, Russia, France, Morocco, etc.) before 9/11 that an attack would occur in the U.S. (the Senate Intelligence Committee found that between March and September 2001 there were eleven specific intelligence indicators of an imminent attack within the U.S.)?
(9) Has anyone asked government officials why there were not plans to prevent air attacks in New York City and Washington, D.C. when between December 1994 and September 2001 there were twelve specific intelligence indicators that Al-Qaeda was planning to use aircraft to attack U.S. targets, particularly in New York City and Washington, D.C.?
(10) Has anyone pressed then Attorney-General John Ashcroft as to why he didn’t develop a plan to prevent a land or air attack on the WTC when terrorists had already attacked it in 1993, and when one of the subjects of the FBI’s 31-month Operation Diamondback (ending June 2001) said on July 14, 1999 “those towers are coming down”?
(11) Has anyone asked the FBI if it knew in advance where the Al-Qaeda training camp was in Pakistan, and that’s why it didn’t bother to ask passenger plane hijack trainee-turned-informant Niaz Khan (who came to the FBI office in Newark, New Jersey April 2000) where the camp was either before or after the attack? Because of our success working with tribal leaders in Iraq’s “Anbar Awakening,” the Taliban in northwest Pakistan have now killed any tribal leaders there not willing to be allied with them.
(12) Has anyone asked the government why it hasn’t demanded Pakistan turn over to us General Mahmood Ahmad, their intelligence chief who had $100,000 wired to Mohamad Atta on August 1, 2001?
(13) Has anyone pursued who the top Pentagon officials were who suddenly canceled their travel plans for the morning of 9/11 only a few days after General Ahmad visited the Pentagon?
(14) Since San Francisco’s mayor Willie Brown on September 10, 2001 received a late night warning about air travel before he was to fly to New York City the morning of 9/11 (see San Francisco Chronicle article), has anyone asked what the original source of the warning was since the FAA issued no warnings for weeks before 9/11? Mayor Brown later contradicted what he said in the Chronicle article (see video in the middle).
(15) Why was Condoleeza Rice allowed to get away with saying they couldn’t prevent the 9/11 attacks because they had “no actionable intelligence,” when it’s the job of the National Security Advisor to anticipate possible attacks and develop preventative contingency plans for them? A National Security Advisor shouldn’t wait around until someone tells her who, what, when and where regarding a future terrorist attack before she develops contingency plans for any eventuality.
(16) Has anyone demanded to know why no one in authority with the government has been fired for failing to prevent the attacks of 9/11, since the attacks could easily have been prevented (e.g., since the WTC was the target of terrorists in 1993 it would be a likely future target, and an Apache Longbow helicopter with its rockets, missile, etc. on standby alert at any of New York City’s forts could have thwarted any air attack)?
(17) Has anyone asked the press/media why they have never reported how attacks like 9/11 could easily have been prevented (shortly after the attacks I told NBC’s Andrea Mitchell and others how it could be done)?
(18) Has anyone asked government officials why there haven’t been major arrests of Al Qaeda operatives in the U.S. since June 16, 2004, since that’s the date FBI counterterrorism official John Pistole informed the 9/11 commission that Al Qaeda operatives (not just sympathizers) interested in aviation attacks were still at-large in the U.S.?
(19) Has anyone asked the two CIA agents who talked to Osama bin Laden in a Dubai hospital just two months before 9/11 what they discussed [see “CIA Agent Allegedly Met bin Laden in July” (LeFigaro, October 31, 2001) and a similar article in The Guardian (November 1, 2001)]?
(20) Has anyone asked former long-time Middle East CIA agent Robert Baer why one of the highest ranking CIA officials told a reporter friend of Baer “that when the dust finally clears, Americans will see that September 11 was a triumph for the intelligence community, not a failure”?
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
On page 89 of my Cover-Up book, I include a quote from a former FBI official (quoted by William Norman Grigg) who said he didn’t buy the idea we didn’t know something was coming. The former official’s quote ends with these words: “It’s terrible to think this, but this must have been allowed to happen as part of some other agenda.” Perhaps it’s worth noting here that in my booklet, Conspiracy (first published November 1996), I wrote about the future, saying that “…actual terrorist attacks upon buildings, airplanes… were used by The Order to justify greater monitoring of the population’s activities…. In public areas, video and audio monitors were placed on all streets and buildings….” Isn’t this what has happened after 9/11?
© 2009 Dennis Cuddy - All Rights Reserved