SECURITY AND PROSPERITY PARTNERSHIP BACKGROUND
Dennis L. Cuddy, Ph.D.
Dr. Jerome Corsi recently has been warning people about the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP), which President Bush signed with the head of both the Canadian and Mexican governments on March 23, 2005, in Waco, Texas. At the same time this agreement was signed supposedly to improve the security and economic prosperity of each of the 3 nations, a Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) report, "Building a North American Community," not coincidentally was being prepared by Robert Pastor (U.S.), Wendy Dobson (Canada) and Luis Rubio (Mexico). And in this 100-page report released May 2005, one finds plans for a North American Union by 2010, with its own court, legislative body, executive commission, Customs officials and currency called the Amero.
In case you think this idea came from nowhere, the following background or timeline should prove instructive:
1) July 1792---AMERICAN MUSEUM publishes Philip Freneau's warning to Americans about how their Republic could be undermined by the power elite. For the first half of the 1800s, the power elite will devise ways to break up the U.S.
2) 1863---The historian Motley writes a letter to THE LONDON TIMES describing "the ultimate object of the conspirators...to establish a Gulf Empire" including the southern U.S. and Mexico.
3) November 21, 1864---President Lincoln writes to William Elkin of his great fear that the power elite is working "until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands, and the Republic is destroyed." Lincoln is assassinated within a few months.
4) 1891---Cecil Rhodes forms his secret Society of the Elect "to take the government of the whole world." His Association of Helpers (AH) forms Round Table Groups from which comes the CFR.
5) October 27, 1908---Alfred Lord Milner, who implements Rhodes' plan, writes to Canadian AH member Arthur Glazebrook : "I think every member of your body should feel it's his principal business to influence as many people as possible who are not of it and who do not know they are being influenced." A half century later, Rhodes scholars will surround Canadian Prime Minister Lester Pearson who, according to William Frye in A UNITED NATIONS PEACE FORCE, will be "the author of the U.N. Emergency Force," which would grow to have a collective security function.
6) 1942---P.E. Corbett, Canadian AH member, authors POST-WAR WORLDS calling for "a world association binding together and coordinating regional groupings of states (that) may evolve toward one universal federal government....World government is the ultimate aim...(with) common economic agencies for advice and control...an Economic and Financial Organization, embracing Trade, Development, and Migration Commissions, and a Central Bank. The functions of these institutions...would be to regulate the production and distribution of raw materials and food, control the flow of inter-regional investment and migration, etc."
7) 1952---World government map prepared by World Association of Parliamentarians for World Government shows Chinese (Mongolian) forces will be policing in Mexico. Under the SPP, there will be a TransAmerica highway running from Mexico to Canada, splitting the U.S. Chinese containers from ships will be offloaded in Mexican ports (avoiding American Longshoremen) and trucked by Mexicans (avoiding American Teamsters) through Kansas City where the only inspection will be performed by Mexican Customs officials in Kansas City.
8) 1953---Ford Foundation president H. Rowan Gaither will reveal they are under White House directives to have a "comfortable merger" between the U.S. and USSR.
9) 1953---John J. McCloy, agent of the power elite, becomes chairman of the CFR until 1970. From 1958 to 1965, he also will be chairman of the Ford Foundation.
10) 1968---The Hispanic organization, the Southwest Council of LaRaza Unida, is created with a $630,000 grant from the Ford Foundation, which supports the movement to bring massive numbers of Mexicans into the U.S. From 1968 to 1992, Ford Foundation grants to radical Hispanics totaled over $31 million. And according to Henry Santiestevan (former head of the Southwest Council of LaRaza), "It would hardly be an exaggeration to say that the Ford Foundation is the Chicano movement."
11) 1972---CFR member Lester R. Brown (1991 Humanist of the Year) authors WORLD WITHOUT BORDERS and writes in the LOS ANGELES TIMES (November 19, 1972) about the need for countries to "sacrifice a measure of sovereignty."
12) April 1974---The CFR's FOREIGN AFFAIRS publishes Trilateralist and Rhodes scholar Richard Gardner's "The Hard Road to World Order" claiming that "an end run around national sovereignty, eroding it piece-by-piece, will accomplish much more than the old-fashioned frontal assault." Gardner also explains how GATT will be part of this process.
13) 1991---"The Pacific Northwest Economic Region" (www.pnwer.org) is begun, and is comprised of Alaska, Alberta, British Columbia, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington. It is defined as "an economic consortium created by legislative leaders of states and provinces in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States and Canada," whose goals are "to build a world class workforce to make the Pacific Northwest economic region competitive in worldwide markets; and to develop a lifelong education system for the states and provinces which includes measurable objectives." Most of the region is known as Cascadia.
14) September 27-October 1, 1995---Mikhail Gorbachev's first State of the World Forum is held, at which first Trilateral Commission director Zbigniew Brzezinski reveals: "We cannot leap into world government through one quick step. A consensual global system requires a process....The precondition for eventual and genuine globalization is progressive regionalization because by that we move toward larger, more stable, more cooperative units."
15) August 4, 1996---Rhodes scholar and future CFR president Richard Haass over 5 years before the terrorist attacks of 9/11 writes "'Land of the Free' Makes a Tempting Target" in THE PALM BEACH POST about "a world in which borders count less and less," and he states: "The war against terrorism is a war with an unlimited number of battles, none of them decisive....What price are we prepared to pay? The price will be financial and personal. People will have to accept longer lines before entering buildings, longer delays at airports, more intrusive searches of belongings and our persons....Greater vigilance will also involve a willingness to compromise some of our civil liberties, including accepting more frequent phone taps and surveillance....Those who would resist paying such a price should keep in mind that terrorism could well get worse in coming years."
16) July 7, 1999---THE TORONTO STAR publishes "NAFTA for military proposed" by Linda Diebel describing a report by Lt. Col. Joseph Nunez of the U.S. Army War College advocating a joint command for American, Mexican and Canadian forces.
17) June 17, 2000---The Ottawa, Canada, CITIZEN publishes "Border with U.S. 'likely to disappear'," which begins as follows: "An American think-tank is calling on Canada, the United States and Mexico to combine customs, immigration and security functions to the point at which borders become almost irrelevant. A study released yesterday by the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace urges the three countries to explore whether a North American 'integration project' is worth pursuing and to develop a strategic plan for rethinking border relationships."
18) 2002---David Rockefeller, chairman of the CFR 1970-1985 and Trilateral Commission founder, authors MEMOIRS, in which he remarks: "Some even believe we (Rockefeller family) are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure---one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it."
19) 2004---During the presidential campaign, President Bush mails a video to Hispanic voters showing him waving a Mexican flag and stating: "About 15 years before the Civil War, much of the American West was northern Mexico. The people who lived there weren't called Latinos or Hispanics. They were Mexican citizens, until all that land became part of the United States. After that, many of them were treated as foreigners in their own land." Regarding this, the LOS ANGELES TIMES on April 2, 2006, opined that President Bush "essentially described millions of Americans who populate his home state as the true foreigners in someone else's native land."
20) May 26, 2005---U.S. Rep. Katherine Harris (of Florida dangling chad fame) introduces "The North American Cooperative Security Act" (HR 2672), which has as its purpose: "The Secretary of State shall enhance the mutual security and safety of the United States, Canada, and Mexico by providing a framework for better management, communication, and coordination between the governments of such countries."
Robert Congdon in Edinburgh, Scotland, is just completing a manuscript concerning the gradualistic, covert process used by Jean Monnet (with the extensive support of the CFR) to form the European Union (EU), and Congdon has described how the same process is being applied to the SPP which will be linked to the EU. On January 9, 2000, the EU presented a paper, "Strategic Objectives 2000-2005: Shaping the New Europe," in which they revealed: "What we are aiming at is a new kind of global governance to manage the global economy and environment." About three months later, on March 31, 2000, EU Commission president (and now Italian Prime Minister) Romano Prodi delivered a speech titled "Europe and Global Governance," in which he declared that "global governance can emerge only from inter-regional co-operation....This means pursuing both economic and political integration....Our European model of integration is the most developed in the world....I believe that we can make a convincing case that it would also work globally." Linking the SPP to the EU is an important step in the plan for world government.
� 2006 Dennis Cuddy - All Rights Reserved
Order Dennis Cuddy's new book "Cover-Up: Government Spin or Truth?"
E-Mails are used strictly for NWVs alerts, not for sale
Dennis Laurence Cuddy, historian and political analyst, received a Ph.D. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (major in American History, minor in political science). Dr. Cuddy has taught at the university level, has been a political and economic risk analyst for an international consulting firm, and has been a Senior Associate with the U.S. Department of Education.
Cuddy has also testified before members of Congress on behalf of the U.S. Department of Justice. Dr. Cuddy has authored or edited twenty books and booklets, and has written hundreds of articles appearing in newspapers around the nation, including The Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and USA Today. He has been a guest on numerous radio talk shows in various parts of the country, such as ABC Radio in New York City, and he has also been a guest on the national television programs USA Today and CBS's Nightwatch.
E-Mail: Not Available
Dr. Jerome Corsi recently has been warning people about the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP), which President Bush signed with the head of both the Canadian and Mexican governments on March 23, 2005, in Waco, Texas.