THE "ROBBING HOOD" AND OTHER POWER ELITE PRINCIPLES
Dennis L. Cuddy, Ph.D.
Have you wondered why things are in a mess today and there seems to be no control over unfolding events? It's because of the effect of the principles of the power elite (PE). To understand how this works, you actually have to try to think like the PE, and the following list demonstrates their process.
1) corrupt the masses----get people to tolerate sex outside marriage because that, in effect, would be telling God to get lost.
2) rationalize bad behavior----if others cheat in school or athletics, then one has to cheat, too, to keep up (then one can cheat in a job, on taxes, in a marriage, etc.), or poverty caused someone to steal.
3) destroy standards----if there are no academic standards or standards in art, music, etc., then anything goes.
4) appeal to ego----compliment people (e.g., tell students they're smarter than their parents) and they'll not suspect what you're up to (the "flattery will get you anywhere" principle).
5) create disrespect for laws----tell people to ignore illegal immigration because those illegal immigrants are doing jobs Americans won't do, thereby setting a precedent to ignore violations of other laws. What laws will we tell our children they don't have to obey?
6) dumb down the population----have a high rate of illiteracy and keep the people ignorant, instead emphasizing having fun (e.g., video games, rock concerts, watching soap operas, etc.).
7) control the media----this will allow control over what the people are told and not told. It also allows the public to be distracted (e.g., by Monica Lewinsky, the trial of O.J. Simpson, etc.) from issues needing even more urgent attention.
8) keep people busy----if people are kept busy (e.g., going to the mall, to the store, to children's music practice, etc.), they'll not have time to reflect upon what the PE is doing and organize against it.
9) wear people down----create a process that makes it difficult to redress grievances (e.g., form committees to "study the problem," delay meetings, etc.).
10) "Robbing Hood" principles----overly burden the middle class with taxes. This is the opposite of Robin Hood, as the PE controls politicians who tax the middle class to transfer wealth to the PE via corporate bailouts, etc.
11) create crises----if the people are becoming dissatisfied, crises can be created to shift their attention and get them to accept things (e.g., infringements upon their freedom) they otherwise would not accept. As Hermann Goering said at the Nuremberg trials: "It is always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship....All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country." There's also a Ben Sargent cartoon via Universal Press Syndicate that shows a Hollywood agent who discovered "crisis promotion" and made millions creating the drug, homeless, and other crises, and had "Congress foaming to spend billions of dollars and make chopped liver of the Constitution."
12) divide and conquer----facilitate divisions via delphi and similar techniques to prevent a united opposition from occurring. For example, to get NAFTA passed, offer exemptions to products from enough states to get 51 U.S. Senators to approve the agreement.
13) create economic incentives----to promote globalization, give tax breaks to corporations to relocate outside the U.S., and then tell people if they object, it will hurt their 401Ks which are invested in those corporations.
14) coercive choices----rather than force people to do things, coerce them (e.g., insurance companies can tell people their premiums will increase unless they "voluntarily" eat and exercise as the insurance companies "suggest").
15) controlled opposition----the PE can create its own opposition to lure people into association with them, thereby monitoring or controlling their activities, or neutralizing their effectiveness. The opposition easily may also be defamed or discredited, thus causing others not to want to join such groups.
16) create false choices----the PE contributes to both major political parties so that by the time one reaches the upper echelons of political office, they are controlled by the PE (e.g., President Clinton and both Presidents Bush supported NAFTA and GATT) regardless of party.
17) personnel is policy----it's only necessary to control key people (e.g., committee chairmen, certain judges, leading bureaucrats who write regulations, etc.).
18) drug people----cause people to accept the common use of marijuana, cocaine, anti-depressants, fluoride in the water, etc., as either harmless or good for their health.
19) population control----get people to accept evolution, then once man is considered just another animal, abortion, infanticide, euthanasia, etc., will all be accepted.
20) kill people----if worse comes to worst, the PE can always enlist assassins to have people "eliminated" as problems in small or large numbers, whether made to look "accidental" or not.
� 2006 Dennis Cuddy - All Rights Reserved
Order Dennis Cuddy's new book "Cover-Up: Government Spin or Truth?"
E-Mails are used strictly for NWVs alerts, not for sale
Dennis Laurence Cuddy, historian and political analyst, received a Ph.D. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (major in American History, minor in political science). Dr. Cuddy has taught at the university level, has been a political and economic risk analyst for an international consulting firm, and has been a Senior Associate with the U.S. Department of Education.
Cuddy has also testified before members of Congress on behalf of the U.S. Department of Justice. Dr. Cuddy has authored or edited twenty books and booklets, and has written hundreds of articles appearing in newspapers around the nation, including The Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and USA Today. He has been a guest on numerous radio talk shows in various parts of the country, such as ABC Radio in New York City, and he has also been a guest on the national television programs USA Today and CBS's Nightwatch.
E-Mail: Not Available
create disrespect for laws----tell people to ignore illegal immigration because those illegal immigrants are doing jobs Americans won't do, thereby setting a precedent to ignore violations of other laws. What laws will we tell our children they don't have to obey?