Coach Dave Daubenmire
January 13, 2011
world seems to be getting crazier and crazier everyday, and as I look
out my window at the fresh covering of snow I am having trouble focusing
on a hard-hitting commentary for today.
There are so many thoughts running through my mind.
So, rather than write on a particular topic, I thought I would take this time to dump some of my random thoughts onto the paper today. I could easily do a commentary on every one. I pray they stimulate your soul.
1. America’s problems are not political, they are spiritual. After two generations of teaching our kids that we evolved from apes, that life has no meaning, and that there is no right or wrong we have reaped the whirlwind of that folly.
2. Evil really does exist. Sometimes it manifests itself in obvious ways, but more often than not the advancement of evil travels like carbon monoxide…invisibly invading even the most safest of environments. Evil is subtle, it doesn’t always wear horns and carry a pitchfork. Jesus warned us that even “the very elect would be deceived.”
3. Self-identified Christians are some of the most deceived people in America. Instead of trusting in Jesus and the precepts that He laid out in the Bible, we have trusted instead in the wisdom of man. Very few “Christians” can quote the Word, defend the Word, or obey the Word.
4. Can anyone tell me anything about John Rolls, the recently killed Judge in Arizona? While all of the attention has been given to a still-alive Congresswoman very little information has appeared in the media regarding this judge who was killed. I find that odd. Where was he wounded, does he have a family, did any bystanders administer care to him? Who decided that a living Congressman was more note worthy than a dead Federal Judge?
5. I doubt if the Tucson killer had ever listened to any AM talk radio. I think we would find greater clues by investigating the music he listened to, the video games he played, the movies he watched, and the pornography he consumed. Evil has a voracious appetite. Remember this…what ever you feed grows stronger, whatever you starve dies. (See #1)
6. Look at his photograph. He was not mentally ill, he was demon possessed. Most people don’t even believe in demonic possession anymore even though the Bible is replete with instances where Jesus and his followers “cast out demons.” Jared Loughner didn’t need a psychiatrist…he needed an exorcist.
7. Most of those we get our information from have no spiritual discernment at all. They all are the blind leading the blind. Jesus taught us that “both would fall into the ditch.” Hannity, Limbaugh, O’Reilly, Mathews, Olbermann are all promoting the opinions of man. They are recommending political solutions to spiritual problems. Their solutions, void of the Word of the Lord, are folly.
8. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. We have lost all fear of the Lord in America. Our politicians deny His power, our pulpits deny His authority, and the people deny his teachings. When the autopsy is written for America the cause of death will be spiritual mal-nutrition.
9. An honest man cannot be elected to office today. Despite what people like to tell you we do not want honest people in control. Honest people speak the Truth, and most people do not want to hear the Truth because it is too convicting. It is much easier to point out where the other man has failed than it is to clean up one’s own house.
10. Many people reading this cannot understand what I am saying. They think Spiritual things are foolish. But that is what the Bible tells us would happen; “the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” As a result most of our leaders can not see the real cause of our problems, and many of the readers are lost.
11. Most Americans have no spiritual discernment. Because the church has turned from the preaching of a sin-hating Gospel, to a life-enhancement Gospel, most people sitting in the pews do not have “the mind of Christ.” Not “thinking like a Christian” leads us to follow powerless doctrines. How else can one explain the fact that the Devil seems to be winning the culture war?
12. The media creates America’s heroes. Ted Williams goes from “Homeless to Hollywood” in ten days because someone somewhere determined that his voice was “news”. Most of the folks you see on TV are not stars…they are media-created frauds. American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, no offense, but just what was it that made Bristol Palin worthy of notice? Oh, I see. It is important for teenage girls to realize that they can get pregnant out of wedlock and still be someone to look up too.
13. Whatever happened to shame? When I was growing up it was embarrassing for a young girl to show her midriff and cleavage in public. The thought of Angie Dickinson or Sally Fields dancing half naked at the halftime of the Super Bowl was unimaginable. Remember…evil is like carbon monoxide …it sneaks up on you…and is deadly.
14. The Birth Certificate is irrelevant. Obama is not eligible to be President. The Constitution demands that he be a “natural born” citizen, meaning “born of two parents who are American Citizens.” Look here. Obama’s father was not an American citizen; therefore his son is not “natural born” no matter where he physically entered the world. The debate over the birth certificate is smoke and mirrors diverting from the real issue.
15. Republicans don’t really want to end abortion because it would no longer give them a “wedge issue” where they were guaranteed the vote of millions of “pro-life” voters. If the were to lose that issue, all of the sudden millions of issue-only voters would begin to look at other issues when selecting their candidates. When was the last Republican bill introduced in Congress calling for an end to abortion?
16. The Government elite consider themselves a class above all other Americans. Look at the hoopla in Tucson over the shooting of one Congresswoman while murderers and thugs flood across the southern border daily only to take the lives of “less important” American citizens. God is “no respecter of persons”, but the Government is.
17. “No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.” Most churches serve money. It figures in to every decision the pastor makes. Jesus said that when you do that you “hate God.” “Why do you call me Lord, Lord and not do the things that I say?” Most American pastors are more afraid of their elder board than they are they Lord.
18. To those in control of America, government IS God. Look how angry the Sheriff in Tucson is because people were being taught to question government. But he is a “natural man” (see #7) and can’t believe anyone would question Almighty Government. I’d say he honors and serves his god better than most pastors do Jesus. Can you wonder what America would be like if our pulpits chastised government for questioning the authority of God the way government chastises us for questioning them?
19. The battle has never changed from the beginning. It is "the seed of the serpent against the seed of the woman.” The battle is over truth, but not political truth, it is over eternal truth. Unfortunately, most people are unaware of this even though their Bible tells them that they “wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of the world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12 Government is the spirit of anti-Christ. Jesus will not share power.
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
20. Christians are being persecuted, even slaughtered, in many nations around the world. Do Americans even understand what persecution is? Is the average “church goer” prepared to lose everything, even their lives, for Jesus? Isn’t it the apex of pride to think that somehow we are safe from it in America? What if there is no rapture? And why hasn’t Jesus “saved” the Christians in Nigeria from “the wrath to come?” Pride commeth before destruction…Americans better pray there is a rapture.
CLICK HERE for an audio version of this commentary.
Order the CDs here.
Do you think like a Christian or a humanist? Did the Founders really separate Church and State? Is Judicial tyranny ruining America? Check out these great teachings by the Coach
© 2011 Dave Daubenmire - All Rights Reserved