Coach Dave Daubenmire
October 13, 2011
You mark my word; the Republican insider’s are going to do everything they can do to feed us Mitt Romney. They are not interested in reforming government; they are only interested in maintaining their power.
Four years ago the same gaggle of power-brokers served us up John McCain. Make no mistake about it; in the end, the Republican Establishment will once again choose the Republican candidate. They will parade us through a series of made-for-television-entertainment-shows called debates, fanning the fames with post-debate analysis, providing play-by-play descriptions of the “campaigns,” while all the while the “men behind the curtain” are directing the money, and ultimately the power, to THEIR hand-picked candidate.
Herman Cain will get his turn on the stage, as did Bachmann. This makes for good TV and gives the appearance of a “people-elected” candidate, but it is all theatre. Follow the money. The man with the most money will likely be the winner. The Establishment controls the money.
Since the election of 2008 Mitt Romney has been the odds-on-favorite to carry the Republican banner in 2012. The “obvious front-runner” Romney has not been able to rise above 25% in the polls even though he leads in name recognition and organization.
The picture is clear; the rank and file Republicans do not want Mitt Romney…just like they did not want John McCain in 2008.
Americans love to support someone they think has been unduly attacked. Watch folks rally around Hank Williams Jr. Remember how they ran to the defense of leftist Juan Williams when fired by PBS, and how the “sympathy vote” has propelled countless others to power.
Mitt Romney and his supporters are after the sympathy vote. Just as folks voted for Obama in 2008 to prove they were not racist, Romney is hoping the same effect will occur when his Mormonism is attacked. “Conservatives” will want to prove that they are not bigoted against other religions.
And we are taking the bait. It is a straw man, Romney’s religion, and not nearly as important as his record.
Let me stop right here a second. I am sick and tired of religious labels. President Obama says he is a Christian; Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton claim the Name of Jesus. So did Bill Clinton. Honest Mormons don’t scare me nearly as much as dishonest Christians do. I would rather vote for an honest atheist than a phony Christian. Jesus spoke about wolves in sheep’s clothing. Jesus said “those who are not against us are for us.” Be careful of labeling and voting for labels. Often you end up voting for a wolfe.
I will never vote for Romney. Not because of his religion…but because of his record. If we do not wake up and speak up NOW, the Republican Establishment is going to try to serve up as the candidate this fake-Conservative, fake-Christian candidate.
My friends Gregg Jackson and Steve Deace have been on the front lines of exposing the Romney record. I credit them with what I am about to share with you. The record will show that Mitt Romney is not a conservative and that his policies are closer to those of Barack Obama than they are to Ronald Reagan.
Here are the facts about Mitt Romney from Gregg Jackson’s website:
To Romney and the many high profile “conservative” pundits and “Christian” leaders who either endorsed or support Mitt Romney for president in 2012 (Jay Sekulow, Mark DeMoss, Richard Land, Hugh Hewitt, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Tony Perkins, Tom Minnery, Jim Bopp, Stu Epperson) and who claim Romney is a “pro-family” “pro-life” and “limited government” “conservative,” I ask you the following questions:
1. How can Romney be “pro-life” when 3 years after his supposed “pro-life conversion” he signed $50 abortions into law as part of his socialist healthcare plan that was endorsed by Ted Kennedy, Hillary Clinton, and Planned Parenthood?
3. How can Romney be “pro-family” when he boosted funding for homosexual and transgender “education” starting in kindergarten?
4. How can Romney be “pro-family” when he opposes a ban on homosexual scoutmasters?
5. How can Romney oppose the gay agenda when he promised the homosexual Log Cabin Republicans he would not oppose “gay marriage” in return for their endorsement?
6. How can Romney claim to oppose ObamaCare when Romney himself signed the forerunner for ObamaCare (Romneycare which includes $50 tax subsidized abortions) into law which has been a total failure?
7. How can Romney claim to be “pro-tax cuts” and “pro-limited government” when as governor he opposed the Bush Tax Cuts (for which he was lauded by Barney Frank) and raised taxes and fees by a billion dollars which has decimated the Massachusetts economy?
8. How will Romney be expected to appoint conservative judges if elected president when as governor he passed over Republican lawyers for three quarters of the 36 judicial vacancies he faced and nominated 2 open homosexuals?
9. How can Romney claim to stand for religious liberty and freedom of conscience when he supports passage of state level Employment Non-Discrimination Act which would force churches and other religious organizations to hire homosexuals and transvestites or face criminal fines and prosecution?
10. How can Romney claim to be a man of virtue and integrity when he consistently tells so many outright and easily disprovable lies? (”I saw my father march with MLK” “I've been a hunter pretty much my whole life” “The NRA endorsed me” etc…
I would posit that not even a “good Mormon” could vote for Mitt Romney. He is dishonest and even Mormons do not approve of dishonesty.
It matters not to me the religion of the candidate. I am more concerned with the record. He looks good, he debates well, he seems like a nice guy, but he is dishonest.
He is dishonest about his record. He is dishonest about what he believes. I am sick and tired of dishonesty being accepted in our leadership.
Does anyone know what Romney REALLY believes…on anything? Haven’t we just been through four years of that?
But Romney is a conservative. Right…right.
At this time four years ago the leaders in the poll for the Republican nomination were Rudy Giuliani and Fred Thompson. Because Rudy was repugnant to the base, and Thompson was little more than an actor, the Establishment could not force feed either “company man” to the American people. When the “trial balloon” candidates burst they turned to Establishment insider McCain, stuck in fourth place with 13% of the vote, to carry the torch.
Get the word out on Romney. He cannot be the torch bearer. But the Establishment knows it and you will soon see a subtle shift to the perfect insider.
You may think I am crazy but the man to beat in the 2012 Republican race is Newt Gingrich. He will be palatable to the base that will be fearful of Romney.
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
Gingrich V Obama in 2012. I am not endorsing Newt. I’m just telling you how I see it.
That’s the way the big boys are going to play it. They will not entrust you with the picking of the president.
Power over principle…that is the name of the game. Mr. Newt in 2012. You heard it here first.
“Pay no attention to the men behind the curtain…” The Wizard of Oz.
Click Here for an audio version of this commentary.
Order the CDs here.
Do you think like a Christian or a humanist? Did the Founders really separate Church and State? Is Judicial tyranny ruining America? Check out these great teachings by the Coach
© 2011 Dave Daubenmire - All Rights Reserved