June 6, 2016
Several years ago I wrote three columns people found horrifying. Tons of email from readers who just cannot understand how people can commit such heinous acts upon others.
The Killing Fields of America,
• The Killing Fields of America - Infants, babies, teens, 11-16-12
• Killing Fields of America - The Deadliest Of The Deadly, 3-12-13
The amount of savage violence in this country every day does shock people when you put together a list a mile long. Since I wrote those columns, nothing has changed. The nightly news might have a story once a week or so about a murder, but looking at a collection from all over the country really drives home how uncivilized a country we've become.
There is a sickness covering this country one can read about everyday of the week:
52, sentenced to 20 years in prison for prostituting her two mentally
disabled teenage daughters for $5 bills to support her crack cocaine
Teen girl’s body found stuffed under sink. Killed by her ex-boyfriend. She was 15. Her killer raped and murdered her and recorded the audio which police found. Karen Perez begged for her life. A beautiful young girl's life snuffed out by an animal.
This final column is about the massive epidemic of animal cruelty in this country. Now, some people will say, so what and who cares, they're just dogs or cats or horses. Well, I care and the reason for what's going on is damned important.
Like the three columns above, it's very painful for me to do this type of research (the photos are agonzing) and write about it. My beautiful, sweet West Highland Terrier, Miss Muffin, died May 13th from massive kidney failure. There was no way to save my baby girl. I miss her so much. And yet, look what people in this country do in huge numbers to the helpless when people like me just want five more minutes with our muggers:
note left on top of Fox the Pomeranian who was found dead with 10 cracked
ribs, a broken spine and missing teeth: We beat it 2 death lol HAHAHA!'
• Woman arrested for 'drowning 3-week-old puppy in airport bathroom' after she was told she couldn't bring it on the plane
• Former NFL player Terrence Cody jailed for nine months after starving dog to death
• Hunt is on for ruthless dog abuser who doused pit bull named Zeus with gasoline and left him with burns so severe the pup had to be put down
• Landscaper Gets Year In Prison For Running Over Family Of Ducks With Lawnmower
• Horrific pictures of turtle bludgeoned to death with a GOLF CLUB while laying her eggs in a bunker
puppies abandoned in a box with their umbilical cords still attached
make swift recovery as carers prepare them for adoption - Ten puppies
abandoned in dumpster
• Minn. deputy pleads guilty to drunkenly beating K-9 partner
• Woman, 19, poisoned and then beat her family dog to death with a shovel and hammer claw before bragging about it to friends
• Shame on people who eat that stuff: Shocking footage shows female ducklings crushed to death while males have their beaks 'snipped' with white hot metal inside French foie gras factory
• Man tortures, kills dog that kept coming home
dog saved from being put down is punched to death by its new owner just
four days after adoption
• Man 'killed German Shepherd puppy by putting it in dishwasher and dumping it in trash can'
• Heart-Wrenching Video Shows Starving Dog Burying Her 11 Puppies After Man Knowingly Left Them to Die in His Yard - a Memphis man willingly starved his dog and sat by while her 11 puppies died in his driveway.
• Teen girls shown in Twitter video putting helpless kitten in the microwave and turning it on
• $1,000 reward offered after fox terrier is stabbed and skinned alive in Detroit
injuries of dog abandoned and abused for so long her collar is FIVE
INCHES embedded in her neck and can’t be removed
• Meet Van Gogh, the puppy left to die by heartless dog fighters who cut off his ears
• Woman who left her six pets to die in her foreclosed house is jailed for a year. They ate garbage and furniture to try to stay alive. After the 2008 meltdown this was truly epidemic across the country.
• Police officer arrested for battering his 7-month old Jack Russell named Rocko and texting his girlfriend a picture of its body
rescue horse Jolean dies in agony after mystery assailant injected her
• 2 Florida horses left to die survive months eating wood, manure
• Man is arrested for 'beheading two small puppies for fun' and another is charged with stabbing golden retriever to death
• Cat survives after being impaled by thugs who decided to use him for target practice (arrow)
• Shocking moment two men chain up and abandon dog outside Wal-Mart, forcing it to chew off its own paw to escape the cold - freezing temperatures owners drove off; vets amputated her leg
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims
Lack of remorse
Early Behavior Problems - aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.
12 Million Americans Are Sociopaths. "Psychologist Martha Stout – who – clinical instructor in psychiatry at Harvard Medical School for 25 years – estimates in her book The Sociopath Next Door that as many as 4% of the population are conscienceless sociopaths who have no empathy or affectionate feelings for humans or animals."
If you read the first three columns at the top, every one of those killers is a sociopath and so are the ones who torture and kill animals. They are dangerous people and they walk among us.
Dogs are the most amazing of animals for too many reasons to go on about in this column. Cat lovers feel the same way. Our pets become part of our family. They comfort us in times of grief, they bring joy in their silly everyday antics. Dog, cat, horse, doesn't matter. They're our pets and we love them. It's inconceivable to imagine how any man or woman can be so cruel to those most vulnerable. But look what has become of our culture over the past few decades. With abortion, a culture of death. The Ten Commandments mean nothing to an increasing secular society.
This type of mass killing and animal cruelty in all these columns was unheard of when I was growing up; the same for my parents generation. After doing some research on sociopaths, it appears it's both biological and environmental. The key is in spotting the warning signs. Childhood trauma and a child raised in a dysfunctional home can contribute greatly to that child becoming a sociopath. With the destruction of the true family, mother and father, look at what's become of our society and culture over the past few decades.
I believe animal cruelty classes should be mandatory for every classroom in this country starting at the kindergarten level. Little kids just love animals. Color books, story time - they want more. Having someone in the classroom with a dog or two or a dog and a cat makes them excited and want to learn more and interact. I know some humane societies in this country as well as animal groups give their time and energy to give presentations on a regular basis to the schools in their area - every year, but a few here and there isn't enough. This madness is epidemic.
Teach those children that hurting animals is wrong and that kindness and love is what makes that child happy. Not violence like crutelty to animals. That they hurt when you hurt them. That they are innocent and not deserving of cruelty. That puppies or kittens do make potty mistakes but not because they do it on purpose but because they have to learn. In one of the links above the male (I won't use man because a real man would never do such a thing) killed a puppy because it had poop problems. I truly believe if we as a society can do this it will make a big difference. I also believe animal cruelty classes should be given to all freshmen in high school just so they don't forget and think things like organized dog fighting rings are cool. They are not.
The next time your school board has a public meeting, attend and bring up this horrible problem plaguing our country. I know it probably seems trivial to some, but it's not. Too many serial killers started with senselessly killing dogs, cats, squirrels and enjoying it. Then they move on to humans.
While it's politically incorrect to say such a thing, I also believe flushing the Ten Commandments down the toilet has had a huge, negative impact on this country. Look at the culture out there. Lying, stealing, cheating in politics and everywhere else it seems. Money is worshipped over morals. Kids killing a parent or both and a culture of death where life in this country has become cheap and of no consequence. 17-year old Tyler Hadley killed both of his parents (he beath them to death with a hammer) and had a party with about 40 kids while their dead bodies were still in the house. Those interviewed said Hadley complained his parents wouldn't let him throw a party. A true sociopath as he felt no empathy for his parents and certainly 'honor thy mother and father' was foreign to him. Hadley nicknamed himself 'the hammer' in prison.
Change in our society can only reall come from we the people, one family and one child at a time if someone is willing to make the effort. When enough people say enough is enough and do something about it.
[Just a short note about 9/11 and Smart Electric Meeters. The cost of America's undeclared "war" (invasion) in Afghanistan has now reached $1 trillion borrowed dollars - massive debt heaped on us all based on what happened on 9/11. Regular readers of my column know I continue to press for the truth about the events of 9/11. Military grade nanothermite is not a conspiracy theory. It was found and tested from the rubble at the twin towers. A new, powerful film has been released: The Anatomy of a Great Deception. Just released: New Expanded Global Edition. For full disclosure I receive no compensation, but I want you to get a copy (or a few) and share it with others or give a copy as a present. I've purchased half a dozen copies and given them to individuals I believe seek the truth. It's very powerful simply because it's one 'ordinary' man's story who ask a simple question that led him to a not so simple journey. There is factual information in this film that many have never heard about but everyone should. Just a suggestion, order more than one and give one to a friend. Also, must see video on the dangers of Smart Meeters on your home, titled: Take Back Your Power.]
© 2016 - NewsWithViews.com and Devvy - All Rights Reserved
Click here to visit NewsWithViews.com home page.
Devvy Kidd authored the booklets, Why A Bankrupt America and Blind Loyalty; 2 million copies sold. Devvy appears on radio shows all over the country. She left the Republican Party in 1996 and has been an independent voter ever since. Devvy isn't left, right or in the middle; she is a constitutionalist who believes in the supreme law of the land, not some political party. Devvy is a member of the Society of Professional Journalists.
Devvy's regularly posted new columns are on her site at: www.devvy.com. You can also sign up for her free email alerts.
E-mail is: email@example.com