October 29, 2014
Our Declaration of Independence says the Creator God endowed us with Rights, and that the purpose of government is to “secure” the Rights God gave us.
What does this mean? How does a government go about “securing” God given rights?
I will show you.
The miracle of our federal Constitution was that it created a federal government which, by means of exercising the enumerated powers listed in the Constitution, was enabled to “secure” our God given Rights in specific ways.
It isn’t the federal government’s job to secure our God given Rights in all ways, just in the ways appropriate for the national government of a Federation. Our Rights are to be secured in other ways by State governments.
The federal government is supposed to secure our right to life by:
Military defense (Art. I, § 8, cl. 11-16);
• Laws against piracy and other felonies on the high seas (Art. I, § 8, cl. 10);
• Prosecuting traitors (Art III, § 3);
• Protecting us from invasion (Art IV, § 4); &
• Restricting immigration (Art. I, § 9, cl. 1).
It is supposed to secure our property rights by:
Establishing a money system based on gold & silver
and by establishing uniform weights & measures (Art
I, § 8, cl 5);
• Punishing counterfeiters (Art I, § 8, cl 6);
• Establishing bankruptcy courts (Art I, § 8, cl 4);
• Issuing patents & copyrights (Art I, § 8, cl 8); and by
• Regulating trade & commerce so we can produce, sell, & prosper (Art. I, § 8, cl.3). The original intent of the interstate commerce clause was to prohibit the States from imposing taxes & tariffs on articles of commerce as they were transported thru the States for purposes of buying & selling. Go HERE for the Proof.
And it is supposed to secure our right to liberty by:
Laws against slavery (13th Amendment);
• Providing fair trials in federal courts (4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th Amendments); and by
• Obeying the Constitution! The reason our Constitution so strictly limits and enumerates the powers of the federal government is to secure our basic right to be left alone to live our lives free from meddlesome and interfering do-gooders, tyrants, bullies & thieves.
So! THIS is how our federal Constitution implements that glorious Founding Principle that the purpose of government is to secure Rights God gave us – and I just listed for you most of the enumerated powers!
By exercising these enumerated powers, the federal government protects us from those who seek to take our Rights from us.
The federal government is never supposed to “secure” our Right to Life by giving us what we need to live. That could not be for it would require the federal government to take other peoples’ God given Property Rights away from them.
When a government secures God given Rights by protecting us from those who seek to take our rights away, we are never put in conflict with each other, because no one has his hand in anyone else’s pocket.
THIS is why our Declaration of Independence and Constitution were a Miracle.
But we abandoned this Miracle long ago when we let the federal government pervert our Constitution and abuse its power in order to benefit some at the expense of others. This is what turned us against each other.
So, what should we do?
Reclaim and Restore the Constitution our Framers gave us!
This is how we do it:
Learn the above; spread the word; and stop electing candidates who don’t know the lists of enumerated powers and who don’t sign an oath that they will obey. Hold candidate exams and test the candidates! Grill them!
Look for candidates who are willing to employ beneficial methods of financing such grossly unconstitutional (and fiscally & morally destructive) programs as social security and Medicare as they are gradually phased out of existence.
Learn HERE about the remedy our Framers actually advised when the federal government usurps powers: Don’t comply – resist – nullify!
Beware of those Pushing for a Convention.
I have already shown - most recently HERE- that what these demagogues are saying is not true; and that the real purpose of a convention is the imposition of a new constitution.
� 2014 Publius Huldah - All Rights Reserved
State governmentsare to secure our God given Rights in other ways: E.g.,
they secure our right to life by prosecuting murderers, drunk drivers,
and outlawing abortion & euthanasia; they secure our rights to our
own persons by prosecuting rapists&kidnappers; and they secure our
property rights by prosecuting robbers, thieves & defrauders. They
provide courts for peaceful resolution of private civil disputes.
2. Our Declaration of Independence states, as one of our Founding Principles, that “all men are created equal”. We were faithful to this Principle when we outlawed titles of nobility (Article I, §§ 9 & 10). But we violated this Principle when we permitted hereditary black slavery to continue.
3. E.g., vast holdings of unconstitutionally held federal lands could be sold to fund social security & Medicare as they are phased out of existence.
Publius Huldah is a retired attorney who now lives in Tennessee. Before getting a law degree, she got a degree in philosophy where she specialized in political philosophy and epistemology (theories of knowledge). She now writes extensively on the U.S. Constitution, using the Federalist Papers to prove its original meaning and intent. She also shows how federal judges and politicians have ignored Our Constitution and replaced it with their personal opinions and beliefs.h
E-Mail: [email protected]