RAISING HEALTHY VACCINE DRUG-FREE CHILDREN
By Mary Tocco
May 24, 2008
As I speak to parents around the country, one of my goals is to empower them into making educated healthcare decisions. In order to do that, we must understand that what we are sold as healthcare in this country has completely misses the mark. I do not want to sound like I am anti-medical because I am grateful we have all the modern, acute trauma care capabilities available in hospitals around the country. I have, on a few occasions, utilized trauma care while raising my five children and always left with a little more respect for the care and the doctors who were there for us when we needed them.
I personally do not believe that healthy children and adults need drugs to remain healthy or to build immunity as in the case of vaccines. As one who has personally investigated childhood vaccines for over 27 years, I am shocked and very concerned with the current health of our precious children. They are indoctrinated from birth into this system of “sickness care” that has taken over this country in the last 30-40 years, witnessed during my lifetime. Consider the following statistics:
The #1 cause of death and injury in America is medical
errors…784,000 people die from medical mistakes.
Over 2.2 million people are injured every year by prescription drugs
alone and over 20 million unnecessary prescriptions are prescribed of
antibiotics annually for viral infections. (A 7 Year study Nutritional
Institute of America- October 24, 2003 Deadly Medical Mistakes Exposed,
Gary Null (646)505-4660 x 155)
• 7.5 million Unnecessary medical and surgical procedures are performed every year and 8.9 million people are needlessly hospitalized annually. Consider this quote; “I was completely shocked, amazed and dismayed when I first added up all the statistics on medical death and saw how much allopathic medicine has betrayed us.” Carolyn Dean, MD, a physician and author who helped uncover findings for this study.
• “It is evident that the American medical system is the leading cause of death and injury in the United States. (783,936 costing 282 billion).” NIA October 24, 2003
I find the results of this report unacceptable and a disgrace. You may ask, “How can this be happening to us?” Part of the problem is that the government, colleges and the medical universities are financially controlled by big Pharma. Many doctors from the medical camp are aware of the catastrophic problem facing this country. Dr. Lucian L. Leape wrote an article called Error in American Medicine, The Journal of American Medical Association 1994: “The number of people who die from “Iatrogenic” medicine is equivalent to over 10 jumbo jets crashing every day.” Jerome Kassirer MD, former editor of the New England Journal of Medicine stated, “Americans are over medicated, taking far too many drugs, most of which they don’t even need and they are paying too much for them.” It is public knowledge that the drug Vioxx is responsible for 88,000 to 139,000 reported stroke or heart attacks with 78,000 deaths (Merck) and the drug Prozac causes increased propensity to violence (54 million people use worldwide) Eli Lilly has no problem admitting it . Dr. Robert Lusetich 12/16/04 exposed how well organized this market is: They have 87 thousand pharmaceutical sales reps and spend billions to wine and dine over 700,000 doctors in this country. Wow! Imagine that sales force.
Moms and Dads, are your children really healthy? I would like to introduce you to a different way of viewing health. It all starts with you in your home and you must understand that your healthcare decisions are based on what you have been exposed to in your lifetime. I challenge you to take a moment and think of where you got your current beliefs from. Your children will learn first-hand from you and I believe it is the difference between indoctrination and education. I personally had to unlearn and relearn through the process of questioning and educating myself on normal body function and the role of immunity. I believe we all need brain washing!
There are two distinct forms of healthcare in this country; The Allopathic Medical Model and the Vitalistic Healthcare System.
1, The first and the one all medical education is based on is Allopathic Medicine which treats symptoms with drugs, surgery or chemotherapy. Symptoms are not viewed as a good thing but as something to be altered or removed. When body parts fail, they get removed. One waits until they are “sick” to take action and then they take medications or get surgery. It is up to the doctor/drug to heal them; the work is done from the outside in.
2, The second model is called Vitalistic Healthcare, which acknowledges that the body has within it innate wisdom that controls and coordinates all functions. Symptoms are good, the way the body communicates with us that it is out of balance. By understanding how the body functions, we then trust the living doctor within. The goal is to allow the body to develop and thrive without interference. Only in life threatening situations would one turn to drugs or surgery as a solution. This forces one to be more pro active in promoting health through whole foods, chiropractic, fitness and many other natural non-invasive ways to help support normal body function.
[See Mary Tocco's latest DVD "Are Vaccines safe?"]
There are variations of these two healthcare models such as homeopathy and naturopathy, herbs and many other approaches. These approaches attempt healing by treating symptoms with more natural methods, other than drugs.
I raised my five children outside the medical model utilizing a vitalistic approach. I learned before I had my first child that the body will always do what is best for it for survival. This meant that I must “trust” the inner doctor even if I do not understand. My learning started before I had my first child when my chiropractor shared some facts with me! That began my quest for understanding and truth. Here are some of the gems I have discovered that have helped me to “trust” the human body and raise my children drug and vaccine free:
You can never cure a cold; it is your body’s way of cleaning out!
• The fever is a good thing that will kill off unwanted bacteria and bring the body back to homeostasis! Interferons are a class of Proteins; activated by fever of 102 degrees that prevent viral replication in surrounding cells and also inhibit the growth of cancer cells. A fever at 103 degrees, the body sends all the nutrition to the spleen and stores it while starving off bacteria to kill it. What does Tylenol and aspirin do? When we take these drugs, we are breaking down the defense system created to protect us!
• Diarrhea and vomiting are the body’s way of ridding itself of unwanted toxins.
• Nature knows best. Man just guesses!
• A symptom is the way the body communicated to us, don’t interfere with it, try to get to the underlying cause and support the bodies natural healing!
• The Power that made the body heals the body!
• Drugs can interfere with the body’s ability to heal and they are always toxic!
• Our educated brain only knows a fraction of what really goes on!
• The way to health is through function, detoxification and good nutrition!
• Infants: breast feeding is best, Mother Natures knows more than we do.
• Pertaining to childbirth- Vaginal births prepare child for outside world.
• Don’t interfere with nature, encourage it and embrace it.
• A rash is the final stage - have no fear!
• Glands are meant to swell, it means they are working.
• Germs are a part of life; they play a very important role in life.
• We need all the organs we come into the world with.
• Chiropractic and nutrition first, M.D. and drugs last.
Look at animals in nature. Only domesticated animals suffer with chronic illness like us because we treat them the same way we treat ourselves: vaccines, artificial foods and drugs.
My goal is to encourage you to carefully examine your healthcare beliefs and know that you have many other non-invasive choices. An investment in your health will pay huge dividends for you and your children. You can pass down to them what seems to be lost in our society: Respect for the human body and the creator who made us. My children are a testimony that we really can raise our families “Drug Free” by nurturing and supporting the way the body was meant to function naturally. In my vision of the “Perfect World,” we would all learn about normal natural immunity and only need crisis medical care in emergencies. Moms and Dads trust your intuition and never stop learning. I am working to be part of the solution for the failing health of our children. They are the future and I almost fear that we are too late for this generation.
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
This is my cry for hope and change in this crazy world and I need parents to embrace and take responsibility for the health of their families. Remember, TRUTH has a certain ring to it, seek it all the time and be willing to let go old of untested and dangerous rituals that we have been indoctrinated to believe.
God Bless you on your healthcare journey.
Excerpts from Mary Tocco’s new book, co-authored by Dr. Renee Tocco addressing practical ways to raise our children drug-free. To be released in 2009. Look for it on NewsWithViews.com or my website www.childhoodshots.com