CLAIMING GOD’S ON YOUR SIDE?
By Jill Cohen Walker, J.D.
I thought I’d heard it all, but I was wrong. Following the Democrat
convention last week, news of more hurricanes hitting New Orleans was
at the top of the news when the media wasn’t worshipping Obama.
It didn’t surprise me that more storms would hit. What galled
me was that the likes of Michael Moore, who we know fears God more than
life itself, and others of the same ilk said that God favored the Democrats
and was against the Republicans as evidenced by the timing of the hurricanes.
Let’s turn that around a bit and see how they like it. Maybe God is downright furious about the Democrat convention and those storms are His response to what was said and done there. God is a jealous God, and the likes of “Messiah” Obama appearing in a Greek temple and the response of his followers may not have sat well with Him.
Well, don’t get hysterical. It’s possible it has nothing to do with either viewpoint. Looking scripturally, what fits perfectly is one significant non-news item.
As happened when the Jews were not-so-politely ushered out of their homes in the Gaza Strip and Katrina hit the Gulf Coast within 48 hours, Gustav is showing up right on the heels of Condoleeza Rice announcing that Jerusalem would be split in half. Anyone read Joel 3:2 lately?
Now that we’ve put that one to rest and made it more bi-partisan, I thought it would be wise to talk about all the “changes” the Democrats (and some liberal Republicans) have brought us while using God as some inanimate prop to defend their positions when it’s convenient.
Over the past 60 years, elected leaders have done everything imaginable to destroy “we the people” and lead us into a New World Order starting with membership in that bastion of righteousness, the UN. The new phrase is Global Community because we all knew what the first one meant. Here’s a dose of reality:
1. Our leaders marginalized Blacks so they could eke out a living in governmentally subsidized sub-standard housing which led to multiple generations of poor welfare recipients. Welfare was wedded to the so-called Sexual Revolution and then begot two generations of fathers supplanted by the government trough. That, in turn, gave us packs of undisciplined youths preying upon each other and the neighborhoods that should have been refuges for them. Then, affirmative action was invented which allowed many to take the place of those more qualified in the name of racial equality. While affirmative action was meant to right the wrongs of slavery and Jim Crow, hiring or admission based on skin color merely shifts the burden to a different group. “We the people” are still reaping what was sown when the nation was founded. That said, it’s time for those who were never slaves to stop complaining. My ancestors were slaves, too, and then they were gassed by the millions midway through the last century.
They decided that a developing human being in the womb wasn’t
worth saving if its creation was inconvenient for the mother, thus pitting
women against their unborn children. The wholesale slaughter of the
unborn in this nation is inexcusable, but to say it’s okay based
on a privacy right is sheer insanity (since we don’t have that
right when it comes to national ID cards, or implanted chips). If that’s
the case, “we the people” have a privacy right to murder
anything and anyone we want, including, but not limited to some of the
endangered species they’re all so hot to protect. Elected leaders
now flip everything on its head and disregard what God has to say about
it. Well, go vote for those folks and see if God won’t hold you
accountable for every dead baby you allowed to be aborted. (By the way,
Mr. Colmes, Down
Syndrome is “caused by the presence of all or part of an extra
21st chromosome, not by a lack of pre-natal care”)
3. Their disregard of the holy brought us all the alternative lifestyles that can be cooked up and served on a smorgasbord for the perverse. The only lifestyle that’s really alternative these days is the one they want to toss in the political garbage can. If you’re a conservative or a conservative Christian (anything else means you don’t really give a flip about doing things God’s way), you are part of the new counterculture. They want to marginalize us, though there are far more of us than there are of them. When the state issues a marriage license to two men or two women, I want my name on the back under a statement that reads: “The following citizens of this state do not agree with this license.” Anything else, compromises my worldview, my right to religious freedom, and free speech.
4. Environmentalism has gone well beyond good stewardship to a diabolical way to tax us into total poverty. What I find fascinating is not just the hypocrisy of those involved in the movement, but the extent of the lies, e.g. Global Warming. Think the polar ice caps are really melting and the earth will be covered with water and we’ll all drown after getting serious sunburns? Okay, have it your way; but that means God lied when He said He would never flood the earth again to cleanse it from OUR sins. Next time—and there will be a next time—He’s going to take the entire ecological system and turn it on its head.
In the “Revelation of Jesus Christ” (“Revelation”), the first five seals produce horrors that most of us could never comprehend. According to Hal Lindsey (There’s a New World Coming, 1973), those seals “are the inevitable result of what will happen when men’s evil natures are totally unrestrained.” He also explains that the sixth seal “unleashes nuclear holocaust around the world.” As if that were not enough, there will also be widespread destruction—one third of all vegetation, one third of all marine vessels and marine life, contamination of a third of all fresh water, and the sun, moon, and stars will lose one third of their wattage. That ought to keep the environmentalists busy.
5. The destruction of the family through excessive taxation, marriage penalties, feminism, and day care for even newborns. If it really does “take a village to raise a child” (albeit, rather improperly, at best), where was that ubiquitous “village” when I was raising my children after the death of my husband? My children were still in diapers and the government sure as shootin’ didn’t bang on my door offering all kinds of goodies, nor did I ask them to do so. I’ve had welfare once in my life and that was for approximately two years. It wasn’t the end of the road; it was the stepping stone to a new beginning.
6. They destroyed public education by taking God out of the schools. Sheesh, I thought the ACLU was for everyone’s freedom, not just the freedom of those who hate God. Today, public schools are propaganda machines for the homosexuals, transsexuals, and pedophiles. They have been given free reign to brainwash a generation of children under the “separation of church and state” lie. Well, as Forrest Gump said in the eponymous movie, “Stupid is as stupid does,” and our children are being rendered stupid, promiscuous, and godless—the perfect citizens for an evilly-run New World Order.
7. They have destroyed freedom of religion and freedom of speech and given preferences to those who hate Judeo-Christianity. Humanism, atheism, alternative lifestyles (there are other more Biblical names for this, but rebellion against God will do just fine) have become the preferred religions of the elite. Now, notwithstanding 9/11, even Islam is acceptable. In the process, they’ve stepped on Christianity, especially evangelical Christianity. We’ve been silenced . . . or nearly silenced and are finally fighting back; and it’s a hard fight because they lie without reservation to win a battle; but we know the end of the story. Seems those who espouse tolerance are the least tolerant among us. And while they’re busy labeling conservatives Nazis, they are the real Nazis because they build nothing and destroy everything Godly, just the way evil always does.
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
To Michael Moore and the bastions of folks like him, I have one thing to say. If you believe that the God you invented in your head is on your side, so be it. But the God of the Bible—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—is more interested in whether you’re on His side. From the looks of things, especially the ideologies and worldviews (not to mention documented mental illness) of liberalism, the first “change” you might want to see in this country is a return to Him. Until then, stop assuming He’s on your side. As patient as He is and as much as He rains on the just and unjust according to His will, there’s a day coming when there will be no turning back. On that day, you will truly wish He were on your side . . . but it will be too late.
© 2008 - Jill Cohen Walker - All Rights Reserved