BICYCLE ACROSS AMERICA FOR SUSTAINABLE CIVILIZATION
By Frosty Wooldridge
March 2, 2009
As a six continent long distance touring bicyclist, I witnessed entire civilizations fall into horrific problems concerning environment, water shortages, energy problems and loss of quality of life.
More alarmingly, today, I watch the United States follow in the same footsteps of other failed countries like Mexico, China, Zimbabwe, India and Bangladesh. Those countries suffer SO many problems, they cannot solve them. Their people grind through their collective misery beyond any American’s understanding.
Many of you read my series, soon to be a book: AMERICA ON THE BRINK: THE NEXT ADDED 100 MILLION AMERICANS.
In that book that took two years of research and a lifetime to see in person, publishing on April 1, 2009, I show where mass immigration will add 70 million third world people to this country within 26 years. Immigration remains the main driver of our hyper-population crisis. Our total population will exceed an added 100 million by 2035.
I am SO afraid for my country, its people, our culture, our language and our future. In fact, I know what’s coming because I’ve seen it first hand on my bicycle adventures across six continents, over 100,000 miles and nearly 100 countries.
We face such a sobering future, but most of our citizens and all of our leaders don’t have a clue. We keep steaming into the future like the Titanic, not slowing down, even with multiple symptoms erupting across our great nation. It’s like our whole country sits around in mass denial and utter, blissful stupidity.
California leads on the brink of multiple disasters with mega problems beginning with a lack of water. We import 60 percent of our oil. We’re tearing up the environment faster than it can recover.
Over half our citizens breathe toxic, polluted air. We suffer 1.5 million homeless. Over 28 million of our citizens live on food stamps. Over 15 million suffer unemployment. And on and on! Yet, we import 200,000 immigrants every 30 days into our country to make things worse! It’s beyond my ability to rationally grasp how stupid our Congress and governors remain while symptoms accelerate. And our main stream media including ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and FOX: idiots, morons, fools!
In a profound DVD, Blind Spot, Dr. William Catton said, Why don’t we understand our predicament?
Dr. Tainter, Collapse of Complex Societies, said, Societies collapse from growing complexity decaying infrastructure, overloaded environment.
Richard Heinberg said, There is nothing normal about unending growth.
Bill McKibben, The End of Nature, said, People prefer you to lie to them rather than face the truth.
Dr. Elke Weber said, Our blind spot is that we cannot see an immediate consequence to our actions.
Dr. David Karten said, How to make believe you can kill a planet and still live on it!
How can we change the consciousness of a nation? We must try! Therefore, I am organizing a coast to coast bicycle ride along with eight to 10 riders. I need your help. I need one media RV, T-shirt design person, web master, media people and more. Proposed website.
Bicycle coast to coast 2009: June through August. Three and one-half months, 3,800 miles, slow moving, media grabbing bicycle ride across America. San Francisco, CA to Washington, DC. Instead of reading the news: become the news!
Can the U.S. sustain the projected 100 million added persons in the next 30 years? Can this civilization withstand the consequences of water shortages, energy and climate change caused by massive hyper-population overload? Answer: no! How can we change the future?
for eight articulate, long distance bicycle touring veterans with an
environmental approach from all races, creeds and colors! Reach large
and small cities from one end of the country to the other. Engage a
fax, email, phone calling crew to engage local media in every town across
With my book published, America on the Brink: The Next Added 100 Million Americans, and media attention, that will be a calling card with media. Relate water shortages, gridlock traffic, quality of life, climate change, air pollution, species extinction and connect the dots as to what we face as a civilization.
I work with David Paxson, director of worldpopulationbalance.org.
T-shirts to sell along with environmental groups to support the journey and a web site and moving history presented to engage the public. Engage the bicycle clubs of America and all environmental groups. Note: most every town in America has a bicycle club!
Main theme: National Sustainable Population Policy; National Water Usage Policy; National Carrying Capacity Policy; National Environmental Impact Policy; National Sustainable Immigration Policy.
Predicted to reach: 20 to 40 million and MORE Americans via newsprint, radio and TV. Could snowball big time and reach 100 million! Estimated cost: Less than $40,000.00 for entire 3 months expedition. More specific figures given as this project moves forward. Let’s procure funds from different environmental groups to make this ride possible. Create a web site for the entire USA to connect with the ride!
Educate, inspire and motivate Americans as to their situation and actions to move toward sustainability. Create national consciousness shift and move more frustrated Americans onto the membership rolls of www.numbersusa.com which is bi-partisan as well as www.populatiomedia.org; www.worldpopulationbalance.org; www.transitionus.com; www.frostywooldridge.com
Expectation: all it takes is one TV spot on Good Morning America with Diane Sawyer or Brain Williams on Nightly News or FOX or CNN to make a huge impact and catch the national attention.
The 21st Century Bicycle America for a Sustainable US Population carries a major objective for connecting the dots for Americans of all walks of life, in small towns and big cities across America as to the dangers of unending expansion and population growth. One team of eight bicyclists will reach millions of Americans via 100--200 radio interviews, 100 TV interviews and an estimated 150 to 200 newspaper interviews from small town dailies to big city papers. We expect to reach in excess of 50 million Americans concerning the dangers of continued population growth that exceeds 'carrying capacity' within the United States.
1. We are forming a four man, four woman team to ride from San Francisco, California to Washington DC. We diversity on this ride. We need all Americans represented. We will zig zag across the nation to reach as many cities and towns as possible. Average 50 to 60 miles per day. 4,000 miles, 15 states, 3 months.
2. We need one donated RV of any size. We expect retired military officers to become the advance teams that move into each town, city and capitols to alert radio, TV and newspapers for interviews. Bicycle riders will follow into the towns.
3. RV will be paid 50 cents per mile and two drivers will be paid $20.00 each a day for meals. We pay for transport to origin and back from destination.
4. RV drivers may go the whole 3 months or leave off after a month and allow the next team of drivers. Or, we might go two weeks each team depending on how many volunteers and RVs.
5. RV teams will be briefed in all facets of media and carry press kits to give off to media. RV teams will be speaking with press. Each RV will be outfitted with magnetic signs that will bring much attention: "US SUSTAINABLE POPULATION POLICY: ASK ME HOW."
6. RV teams will have advance information on bicycle clubs, horsemen clubs and antique car clubs to bring pageantry to the events in the big cities.
7. At least one person on RV team needs to be able to speak articulately to the press. You can count on being on national TV such as ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX and CNN as well as other big networks.
8. This will give any military veterans a chance to serve their country at this moment in history.
9. These points stand as starter points for this mission.
10. You will be coordinated by Frosty Wooldridge or designated trail boss while on the road.
11. Bicycle riders will be paid $20.00 a day for meals as well as transport to and from destination.
Three Major Aspects
A. Adding 100, 200 or 300 million more people to America will create an unsustainable society mired with water shortages, environmental dilemmas as to polluted air, loss of farmland, non-renewable resources, diminished quality of life, lower standard of living, species extinction and many more consequences.
B. When an expanding population exceeds carrying capacity, it is a recipe for the breakdown of any civilization. Riders will address water shortages, climate change, quality of life, energy crisis, species extinction and a dozen other consequences.
C. Each encounter with media will allow us to arrange and give citizens information to contact local organizations to further work to affect national immigration limits.
1. Main audience: We expect to reach Middle Class America, who will, in turn, impact local, state and federal elected leaders.
2. Connecting the dots: We expect to center on the negative impacts hyper-population growth thrusts on all Americans, their communities, cities, schools and language. We expect to enlighten and empower citizens toward action.
3. Major media contacts: Frosty Wooldridge/David Paxson will serve as primary media contact persons. Both bring unequaled media experience.
4. Supporting this coast to coast bicycle ride will be one donated RVs equipped with computers, press kits, magnetic signs created for maximum exposure. All riders will wear T-shirts: " US SUSTAINABLE POPULATION POLICY: ASK ME HOW. Those interviews will be picked up and a video will be created of the entire ride. Sponsoring web sites will gain maximum press.
5. Great moments in American history exploded with such Americans as Paul Revere and his famous ride. Others include the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Betsy Ross stitched and Jefferson wrote. Franklin advised. John Adams guided along with James Madison the great constitutionalist. Men gave their lives at Valley Forge. Later, Susan B. Anthony stood for voter rights for women. Dr. Martin Luther King stood for human rights.
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
All that needs to be asked is what is the value of our nation, of our way of life and the prospects for our children: the future of the United States? For that matter, our planet home. Final question give to all media interviewers: Name one advantage of adding 100 million people to the USA in 30 years!
Contact: 21st Century Bicycle Ride for US Sustainable Population c/o Frosty Wooldridge, www.frostywooldridge.com, POB 207, Louisville, CO 80027
Listen to Frosty Wooldridge on Wednesdays as he interviews top national leaders on his radio show "Connecting the Dots" at www.themicroeffect.com at 6:00 PM Mountain Time. Adjust tuning in to your time zone.
� 2009 Frosty Wooldridge - All Rights Reserved