WORM TURNING ON RELENTLESS IMMIGRATION INTO THE USA
June 6, 2011
While open borders advocates scream and rant, law enforcement and the will of the American people continues to make headway in Congress. This past week, the House of Representatives voted for 10 strong enforcement bills.
Chris Chmielenski, Director, Content & Activism at NumbersUSA.org said, “We didn't have just 1 victory in the House of Representatives this week, BUT 10 VICTORIES IN ALL! In fact, every immigration amendment vote to the 2012 Homeland Security spending bill the past two days went our way.
“Rep. Jared Polis of Colorado wrapped and delivered a great present to us when he requested a roll call vote on his amendment to end the 287(g) local enforcement program. His amendment was defeated with broad bi-partisan support with 75% of the votes cast opposing his amendment!”
All in all, the House passed amendments to:
Set aside funding for Border Patrol to eliminate look-out posts along
the U.S.-Mexico border;
• Set aside funding to hire additional Shadow Wolves who track down smugglers along the border;
• Reallocate funds to increase funding for the 287(g) program by nearly 20%;
• Reallocate funding to increase support for the Law Enforcement Support Center;
• Ensure that funding provided in the spending bill is used to enforce existing federal law requiring the detention of illegal aliens who are violent criminals awaiting deportation;
• Withhold funding from cities that have sanctuary city policies in place;
• Prohibit the Administration from offering amnesty through "deferred action";
• Require all DHS contractors to use E-Verify to check new hires; and
• Reallocate funds to build cell towers providing full service along the entire U.S.-Mexico border.
“For any of our activists who are concerned about the federal budget and homeland security, all of the amendments are budget neutral and only reallocate funding that was set aside for executive management of the department,” said Chmielenski. “Your phone calls on Wednesday afternoon and all day Thursday certainly played a huge role in all of these victories! Now, we need you to fill your Rep.'s offices with faxes, thanking them or shaming them for their votes.”
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
Make your voice heard by becoming a member of www.NumbersUSA.org and join 1.1 million Americans in attempting to stop unrelenting immigration into America from a line that grows by 80 million annually.
In a five minute astoundingly simple yet brilliant video, “Immigration, Poverty, and Gum Balls,” Roy Beck, director of www.numbersusa.ORG, graphically illustrates the impact of immigration. Take five minutes to see for yourself.
“Immigration by the numbers—off the chart” by Roy Beck
This 10 minute demonstration shows Americans the results of unending mass immigration on the quality of life and sustainability for future generations: in a word “Mind boggling!”
Listen to Frosty Wooldridge on Wednesdays as he interviews top national leaders on his radio show "Connecting the Dots" at www.themicroeffect.com at 6:00 PM Mountain Time. Adjust tuning in to your time zone.
© 2011 Frosty Wooldridge - All Rights Reserved