THE IRONY OF THE DEVOLVMENT OF AMERICA: INCOMPETENCE
By Frosty Wooldridge
January 4, 2013
If you watch the devolvement of America, you watch a sociological, financial, racial and environmental train wreck in progress. In November of 2012, you watched the American people re-elect a proven presidential failure. Things got worse after he reached the White House and things cannot help but get worse in his next four years.
You witness a presidential melt down without any leadership initiative. Our country staggers forward day after day, crisis after crisis—with no leadership to take command of the situation. Benghazi, debt crisis, gridlocked Congress, last minute averting of our finances instead of six months before the problem and dozens of other problems. Basically, Obama lacks the intellectual horsepower or leadership dynamic or talent to correct the devolvement of America.
Not that anyone could lead a herd of cats known as our U.S. Congress!
Instead, he helplessly watches it proceed to its and our lowest common denominator. In the end, leadership leads and makes things better. Lack of leadership watches things get worse. When Obama reached the White House, 36 million Americans subsisted on food stamps. Today, 47.7 million subsist on food stamps because they cannot secure a job. Another 14 million lost their jobs when Obama took office. Today, the same 14 million cannot secure a job.
An unknown Canadian made the following references to America’s ironies:
1) Only in America could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000 a plate campaign fund-raising event.
2) Only in America could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General, and roughly 18% of the federal workforce is black while only 12% of the population is black.
3) Only in America could they have had the two people most responsible for their tax code, Timothy Geithner, the head of the Treasury Department and Charles Rangel who once ran the Ways and Means Committee, BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.
4) Only in America can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
5) Only in America would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay hundreds if not thousands of dollars for the privilege while we discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just 'magically' become American citizens.
6) Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as "extremists."
7) Only in America could you need to present a driver's license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
8) Only in America could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. Oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).
9) Only in America could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a trillion dollars more than it has per year for total spending of $7 million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.
10) Only in America could the most productive people who pay 86% of all income taxes be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.
Only in America could you have 47.7 million citizens subsisting on food stamps while our Congress imports 100,000 green card-holding immigrants every 30 days without pause. Only in America could you suffer a $700 billion annual trade deficit to China while our factories sit idle and 14 million Americans cannot secure a job.
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
Only in America could you see 435 intellectual troglodytes sit in their Congressional seats and vote themselves a raise to nearly $200,000.00 a year salaries when they continually fail the American people on every level of social justice, job procurement and common sense.
Only in American could you see citizen voters re-electing the same 435 incompetent people to continue to lead the country into a massive financial, ecological, sociological and demographic pit.
Listen to Frosty Wooldridge on Wednesdays as he interviews top national leaders on his radio show "Connecting the Dots" at www.themicroeffect.com at 6:00 PM Mountain Time. Adjust tuning in to your time zone.
© 2013 Frosty Wooldridge - All Rights Reserved
Up For Free E-Mail Alerts
E-Mails are used strictly for NWVs alerts, not for sale
Frosty Wooldridge possesses a unique view of the world, cultures and families in that he has bicycled around the globe 100,000 miles, on six continents and six times across the United States in the past 30 years. His published books include: "HANDBOOK FOR TOURING BICYCLISTS"; “STRIKE THREE! TAKE YOUR BASE”; “IMMIGRATION’S UNARMED INVASION: DEADLY CONSEQUENCES”; “MOTORCYCLE ADVENTURE TO ALASKA: INTO THE WIND—A TEEN NOVEL”; “BICYCLING AROUND THE WORLD: TIRE TRACKS FOR YOUR IMAGINATION”; “AN EXTREME ENCOUNTER: ANTARCTICA.” His next book: “TILTING THE STATUE OF LIBERTY INTO A SWAMP.” He lives in Denver, Colorado.
His latest book. ‘IMMIGRATION’S UNARMED INVASION—DEADLY CONSEQUENCES.’