MORE FACTS CONSERVATIVES WILL CHOOSE TO IGNOREBy Chuck BaldwinApril 30, 2002NewsWithViews.com
After reading one of my columns in which I documented numerous liberal policies enacted by President Bush, a Christian man wrote, "We are very proud of George W. Bush and what he has done for this country since elected. While we don't necessarily agree with him 100% of the time, we are so proud of the character he has brought to the White House. While some of the reports you have passed down to us may be true, I have chosen to support him because he is doing this nation a great service. I would appreciate it if you would refrain from sending us political messages that are not supportive (of Bush) at this time."
Please allow me to interpret this gentleman's remarks. "Because Bush keeps his pants on, we are going to ignore any and all unconstitutional or liberal policies he may enact. We choose to support him irrespective of the facts and, furthermore, want you to stop sending us any more facts."
This willfully ignorant Christian man would undoubtedly not want to read the list of recent policies enacted by President Bush that were forwarded to me by my good friend, Howard Phillips. Phillips observes that since G.W. Bush became president:
1. The federal government has expanded various welfare benefits for non-citizens, including illegal aliens.
2. Federal subsidies for the National Endowment for the Arts, the Legal Services Corporation, Planned Parenthood, and the homosexual movement have been substantially increased.
3. The cost and extent of Federal involvement in government education at the state and local level has been increased by billions of dollars.
4. Nothing has been done to end abortion, even as the door has been opened to federally-financed experimentation on human embryos and the availability of RU-486.
5. His Presidential signature on legislation providing health care benefits for same sex couples has endorsed "same sex marriage" in the District of Columbia.
6. The hiring of homosexuals for key official positions is greater under Bush than it was under Clinton.
7. Plans are proceeding to unilaterally disarm a major portion of America's strategic forces, including manned bombers, nuclear warheads, MX missiles and Trident submarines. The U.S. Navy will be further reduced from 300 ships to 286.
8. U.S. aid to Communist China has been maintained and even increased, including funding by the World Bank, the IMF, the U.S. Export-Import Bank, and the United Nations. U.S. foreign aid outlays have increased overall by more than $10 billion.
9. No Clinton Executive Orders undermining states rights and private property rights have been rescinded.
10. The so-called USA Patriots Act is in comprehensive conflict with the clear language of the Fourth Amendment.
Oh yes, there is one more little fact that Howard did not mention. President Bush recently authorized the U.S. Army to distribute a comic book drafted under the Clinton administration to our men and women in uniform. The book is entitled, "Dignity and Respect: A Training Guide on Homosexual Conduct Policy." The purpose of the book is to perpetuate Clinton's "don't ask, don't tell" policy which allows undeclared homosexuals to serve in the armed forces.
But, these are only facts, and facts are not what most people want to deal with today. Bush makes them feel good, and that is all that matters.
© Chuck Baldwin Live commentaries may not be reprinted or republished without permission. All Rights Reserved.
Chuck Baldwin is Founder-Pastor of Crossroads Baptist Church in Pensacola, Florida. In 1985 the church was recognized by President Ronald Reagan for its unusual growth and influence.
Dr. Baldwin is the host of a lively, hard-hitting syndicated radio talk show on the Genesis Communications Network called, "Chuck Baldwin Live" This is a daily, one hour long call-in show in which Dr. Baldwin addresses current event topics from a conservative Christian point of view. Pastor Baldwin writes weekly articles on the internet http://www.ChuckBaldwinLive.com and newspapers.