April 19, 2016
A false witness shall not be unpunished, and [he that] speaketh lies shall perish. —Proverbs 19:9
Remember the grammar school taunting rhyme, “Liar, Liar, pants on fire, nose is longer than a telephone wire?” It was taken from the Pinocchio story where when he lied, his nose grew longer. Well, it’s the same thing with Senator Ted Cruz, and I cannot even begin to cover all the lies this man has told since his political career started. We’ll only cover a few.
As Cruz has quickly climbed the political ladder, he has left a long line of associates who complain, without much prompting, that he is an insufferable schmuck, and this includes his fellow senators.
Mother Jones Magazine printed an article entitled, Is Ted Cruz Really an Awful, Terrible Jerk? Yes, I know Mojo is a leftist magazine, but I also know they do their homework on both the left and the right, and they’ve never been sued. However, in this article, they list the left leaning neo-con Trotskyite Republicans who all detest Trump, i.e., McCain, Boehner, Dole, George W. Bush, Rep. Peter King, Sen. Lindsey Graham, etc. The reality is this, no one who gets close to him, likes Cruz. It is not because he’s not “one of them,” but because he’s insufferable, and people simply do not like the man. Nevertheless, they’re using him to try to destroy Trump, then they’ll dump Cruz, hoping to install one of their own choosing.
From the Mojo article comes this insightful piece:
A prominent aide to George W. Bush's 2000 campaign could barely contain himself when we asked him to discuss Cruz, who worked in the campaign's policy shop. This person described Cruz as hyper-arrogant and widely despised, and he emphasized—over and over—that the pervasive dislike of Cruz within the Bush ranks had nothing to do with ideology. (Cruz, he noted, never objected to Bush's call for compassionate conservatism, immigration reform, and national education standards, and no one on the campaign regarded him as an ideologue.) The problem was simple: his personality.
"That's exactly what he was: a big asshole," says a campaign veteran who worked with Cruz.
"Ted thought he was an expert on everything," says this campaign veteran, who asked not to be named. "He was a smart and talented guy, but completely taken with himself and his own ideas.
"In fact, this Bush alum recalls, "the quickest way for a meeting to end would be for Ted to come in. People would want out of that meeting. People wouldn't go to a meeting if they knew he would be there. It was his inability to be part of the team. That's exactly what he was: a big asshole."
Isn’t that telling? No one really wants to be around Ted Cruz because of his personality. Yet, he has deceived millions of Christians into believing he is a Constitutional conservative. Obviously, these Christians have absolutely no discernment and are listening only to his words, not checking his actions. We are, after all, to judge them by their fruits. Lies and deception seem to be the core of Ted Cruz’s campaign.
A Few of the Lies and Deceptions of Ted Cruz
Ted Cruz is gaining quite the reputation for saying one thing to his supporters, and doing quite a different thing. Ted Cruz lies. He talks very eloquently about conservatism, while his establishment agenda is hidden by deceptive lawyer tricks.
Given the whopping lies Cruz has been putting out there in order to get elected, maybe he should consider changing that "Trusted" sign in the background.
• Senator Cruz appeared on Fox News (full video here) and was caught in several lies to add to his abysmal record.
One of the more egregious claims was when Cruz stated he immediately denounced the Melania Trump attack ads (mailers in Utah) put forth by a Pro-Cruz Super-PAC. No such denouncement, prior to the Utah election, ever took place.
• Ted is so anti-gay that he proposed overturning gay rights in D.C. and is 100% against gay marriage.
However, in April, Ted was hosted at a dinner by the gay Manhattan hotel tycoons Mati Weiderpass and Ian Reisner, owners of the city’s gay Out Hotel and accepted a $2,700 donation from Resiner. [Link] He is shown below with Mati Weiderpass in a photo posted on Weiderpass’s Facebook page.
• Ted claims he is anti-Wall Street; aligned with the Tea Party over the housing collapse and the government bank bailout.
Ted’s wife, Heidi, is a managing director at Goldman Sachs (currently on leave), which took a $10 billion government bailout! Cruz earned a million bucks a year from his law firm, and the Cruz’s took low-interest loans from Goldman Sachs and Citibank that he failed to report. [Link], [Link]
• Cruz told a CPAC crowd that Democrats issued an ominous threat to the Catholic Church: “Change your religious beliefs or we’ll use our power in the federal government to shut down your charities and your hospitals.” Politifact naturally deemed this “both incorrect and ridiculous.”
• Cruz said ISIS is “right now crucifying Christians in Iraq, literally nailing Christians to trees.” It wasn’t, and Cruz wasn’t able to offer any evidence. (Not to say ISIS isn’t committing other atrocities.)
• Cruz described a “strong bipartisan majority” in the House that voted to repeal Obamacare. Two Democrats joined the Republicans, that’s not strong bipartisanship.
• In recent weeks, Cruz has been using some variation of this line: “There are 110,000 agents at the IRS. We need to put a padlock on that building and take every one of those 110,000 agents and put them on our southern border.” The IRS doesn’t have 110,000 employees. (There are 14,000).
I want all our military brought home and put on our borders…not IRS agents.
• C. Steven Tucker, a member of Cruz's Illinois leadership team, told the Washington Examiner he could not stay silent about the falsehoods repeatedly uttered by the senator on the campaign trail. Specifically, Tucker takes issue with Cruz's comments about Donald Trump's ideas on healthcare. [Link]
"Senator Cruz's quotes are very salacious and incorrect. He says if you vote for Donald Trump, you vote for Bernie Sanders-style socialized medicine; Trump, Clinton, Sanders have identical positions on healthcare," Tucker said. "That is absolutely, 100 percent not true."
Politifact agrees with Tucker and rated Cruz's claim as "false."
• Ted Cruz tells his supporters he is against Common Core, and supports home-schooling. But his co-sponsorship of S306, “Enhancing Educational Opportunities for all Students Act” (ESEA), tells a very different story than what Cruz tells his supporters.
Ted Cruz sneaked an amendment into the bill. Cruz quietly attached: Section I, Title I Portability under ESEA. Cruz’s amendment is a tricky proposal for state standards and state testing. Ted Cruz’s misleading amendment really means that any Title I child who accepts funds to implement a federal education program is considered a recipient of federal financial assistance. Unfortunately, this also means that Ted Cruz’s amendment essentially mandates Common Core to any school who accepts the enrollment detailed in his sneaky amendment. [Link]
So, no, Cruz is not against Common Core, his bill actually puts Common Core into private, religious and home schools. Isn’t that wonderful? For the whole story, please read Anita Hoge’s excellent exposés, Proof: Ted Cruz's Promise to do Away With Common Core is A Total Lie, and How Ted Cruz is Sneaking Common Core on Homeschoolers.
• Politifact has found only 8 of 47 (or 17 percent) of Ted Cruz’s statements to be deemed either “True” or “Mostly True.” The lone “True” statement pertained to toilet seats. Only 4 of the 7 “Mostly True” statements checked by Politifact happened since he became a senator. Of those 4, three of them, while technically factual based on his wording, were contextually inaccurate. To put it another way, Ted Cruz is one of the most dishonest politicians this country has ever seen.
Cruz is so effective at misleading voters one cannot tell when, if ever, he is being sincere. If he can lie with such ease and “reframe” his views so readily, how will Congress and the American people trust him?
Cruz’s Constant Flip-Flops
Watch the following video, Who Is the Real Ted Cruz? It discusses Teds flip-flopping, on government surveillance, Syrian refugees, background checks, amnesty, H-1B visas, birthright citizenship, whistleblowers, ethanol subsidies, Obama Trade, Iran deal, the TSA. All of these, and more, are issues Cruz has flipped on.
Ted’s Campaign Donors
Cruz says, “I will never get, nor do I want money from the DC lobbyists or the special interest billionaires.
Really Ted? How about the millions you’ve gotten from New York hedge fund billionaire Robert Mercer, Texas natural gas billionaires Farris and Dan Wilks, and private-equity partner Toby Neugebauer? I guess they don’t count and don’t have “special interests.” [Link]
On the Christian Broadcasting Network, Cruz said, “Listen, Donald does well with voters who have relatively low information, who are not that engaged and who are angry.” Cruz is saying, “Trump voters are stupid, lazy Neanderthals who don’t know what they’re doing while the Cruz supporters are intelligent, involved and worthy of a relationship with Reverend Ted.
After what we’ve seen with the Eagle Forum attempted coup, I would say the “brown shirt” statement might more readily apply to the Cruz supporters. As for Trump’s supporters being low information, it is just the opposite. Folks who support Donald Trump know more about what has happened to America the last 100 years than the rest of the electorate. Trump truly has awakened the silent majority.
[P.S. In order to help Mr. Trump we need to increase the hits to reach more people. Please use this material, and call into talk radio programs (like Rush Limbaugh or Michael Savage, etc.) and mention NewsWithViews.com on the air while discussing the content of this article, write letters to newspaper editors, and speak to your friends. Spread the word, and in doing so, we have a chance to save America.]
Please, click on "Mass E-mailing" below and send this article to all your friends.
© 2016 Kelleigh Nelson - All Rights Reserved
Kelleigh Nelson has been researching the Christian right and their connections to the left, the new age, and cults since 1975. Formerly an executive producer for three different national radio talk show hosts, she was adept at finding and scheduling a variety of wonderful guests for her radio hosts. She and her husband live in Knoxville, TN, and she has owned her own wholesale commercial bakery since 1990. Prior to moving to Tennessee, Kelleigh was marketing communications and advertising manager for a fortune 100 company in Ohio. Born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, she was a Goldwater girl with high school classmate, Hillary Rodham, in Park Ridge, Illinois. Kelleigh is well acquainted with Chicago politics and was working in downtown Chicago during the 1968 Democratic convention riots. Kelleigh is presently the secretary for Rocky Top Freedom Campaign, a strong freedom advocate group.