In biblical times the Watchman was one who guards against possible harm to the people or property, often during the night, and who would sound an alarm in the face of threatened danger. Watchmen were often stationed on the city walls and towers to observe those approaching before they got close. A watchman in the military is usually called a guard or a sentry. Figuratively, prophets served as watchmen to the nation of Israel, warning of impending destruction. Being a Watchman carried tremendous responsibly.
As stated in: Ezekiel 33
The word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Son of man, speak to your people and say to them, If I bring the sword upon a land, and the people of the land take a man from among them, and make him their watchman, 3 and if he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows the trumpet and warns the people, 4 then if anyone who hears the sound of the trumpet does not take warning, and the sword comes and takes him away, his blood shall be upon his own head. 5 He heard the sound of the trumpet and did not take warning; his blood shall be upon himself. But if he had taken warning, he would have saved his life. 6 But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, so that the people are not warned, and the sword comes and takes any one of them, that person is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at the watchman’s hand.
There are some who send out warnings and are accused of being “Negative Nellie’s” or “Debbie Downers”. They are said to be “Glass Half Empty” types while their accuser smugly refers to themselves as “Glass Half Full” people. Well let me point out the dangers of the Glass Half Full camp if I may. Visualize the Watchman on the Wall who has called down to the captain of the guard that he has spotted what looks like an invading horde off in the distance heading for the town (half empty). The captain of the guard asks, how can you be so sure? Perhaps they are traders to our markets or bringing gifts (half full). The Watchman yells down, they are speeding up and I see the tips of spears (half empty). The captain of the guard says, how do we know they are stopping here or what their intent is (half full)? The Watchman yells back they are now heading directly towards our gate with swords drawn (half empty). The captain of the guard yells back, you know, I’m getting tired of your negativity. It’s as if you enjoy bringing bad news all the time (half full).
Well as you can imagine the outcome here, the Invading Horde has breached the gate; they’re inside the wall now and creating massive chaos and carnage, the result of unheeded warnings from the Watchman on the Wall.
As a full fledge member of the “Glass Half Empty” camp, let me share a few things that I’ve noticed that were once on the horizon, came to our doorstep and then plowed through the front gate of American Society.
- It is now a proven fact that our once revered Federal Bureau of Investigation is corrupt at the upper levels
- One political party is bent on total destruction of our current President while the other party is a bunch of do nothings.
- The CIA is nothing more than a corrupted criminal syndicate.
- We now know “The Powers That Be” are what is known as the “Deep State/Shadow Gov’t
- The DOJ should be renamed the Dept. of Injustice
- The IRS has been weaponized against those who speak out
- Our entire Economy is base on debt alone
- Our tax dollars fund the killing of millions of unborn babies
- Homosexuality is just a natural and normal choice
- Divorce is considered the norm
- Teen pregnancy is no longer a bad thing
- Transgender drag queens are teaching our pre-school children that It’s OK to be Gay.
- Our K through 12 school children are not taught true history, basic economics or Gov’t civics and instead of Chess Clubs there are Gay Clubs
- Colleges are expensive indoctrination centers for leftist ideology, feminism ideology, anti-Americana.
- Morality is mocked Pornography is epidemic
- Christianity is demonized while satanism is accepted
- Falsehood is rewarded while Truth is censored
- Weak minded are celebrated while Critical thinkers are demonized and censored
Tragically this list can go on and on and like the boiling frog in the kettle they’ve been slowly increasing the heat over decades and we are just about cooked. One thing about this boiling frog scenario, wouldn’t you think that somewhere in this cooking process the poor thing would realize it’s in serious trouble, right around the time the bubbling begins? I don’t know about you but I’m feeling bubbles. Are you? And for those “Watchman on the Wall” who’ve been sounding the trumpet that danger is looming, the blood of the nation shall not be on their hands. And to the “Glass Half Full” crowd, I suggest you take the final gulp of the Kool Aid and empty the damn glass. Bottoms UP!
© 2019 Dennis Kelly – All Rights Reserved
E-Mail Dennis Kelly: email@example.com