AMERICA: A NATION OF ADVERSE GREAT DECISSIONS
By Dr. Carl Parnell,
August 30, 2014
Every person in the United States and in the world makes decisions every day. These decisions affect every aspect of an individual’s life positively or negatively. Of course, at the same time, a nations' governmental leaders make decisions that affect a nation positively or negatively, too. However, these elected and/or appointed governmental leaders must make their myriad of decisions based on one of two viewpoints of representation. The first viewpoint of representation is the trustee position. If a leader takes a trustee viewpoint of representation, he or she would put his or her personal judgment ahead of the judgment of the ones he or she represents, even if it would risk his or her reelection, because it is the moral thing to do and it would benefit the nation as a whole. On the other hand, governmental leaders could choose to make their decisions based on the delegate position. The delegate position of representation would dictate that governmental leaders make decisions based on the will of their constituency, rather than their own personal judgment. But, these type decisions would be immoral and, would in the long run, destroy a nation’s greatness from within its own borders.
Fortunately, when the Founding Fathers created America’s Constitutional Republic, they operated within a trustee mindset. As a result, they created a document that would provide a form of government based on what they believed would be morally right. However, even before the U.S. Constitution was written, the Founding Fathers had a great decision to make. Basically, they had to decide if they would revise the Articles of Confederation that had too many weaknesses or write an entirely new constitution that would create a stronger central government. As a result, they made the great decision to give the government the proper amount of power to ensure that its laws passed by Congress would be enforced. Also, the new government would have a judicial branch that would ensure that the laws passed by Congress met the standards of the newly created Constitution. Therefore, this Great Decision was responsible for the creation of a Constitutional Republic with constitutional law at its foundation. It was also responsible for creating a limited government that would ensure that all Americans would have basic rights and freedoms that were not afforded the early colonists who came from England and other parts of Europe in the early seventeenth century.
Of course, as decades and centuries have passed, new Great Decisions have been made by America’s leaders that have adversely affected the United States. The first adverse Great Decision was made by the Supreme Court in the early 1960s. As a result, according to Wikipedia, the Supreme Court gave in to the demands of a small group of atheistic believers in the case of Murray v. Curlett, which led to a landmark Supreme Court ruling that ended Bible-reading in America's public schools in 1963. Now, fifty-one years later, that Supreme Court’s Great Decision has been the catalyst for destroying the excellence of America's public education system. In fact, despite all the billions of dollars spent on education, American students persistently score lower on math, science, and reading than their counterparts in Asia. Unfortunately, those in the education circle have not been able to find a solution to America’s educational dilemma.
The second adverse Great Decision was made in the United States in 1973 by the Supreme Court, too. In Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court voted in favor of a woman having the constitutional right to an abortion. In essence, the Court ruled that a fetus is not a person and has no constitutional rights. As a result, since the 7-2 vote in favor of abortion in 1973, over 55 million babies have been aborted (murdered) in their mother’s womb. However, this Great Decision by the Supreme Court has caused untold misery to the individual women who have had abortions and has caused America as a nation to face many troubling consequences. As far as individual women are concerned, they have to live with what they did when they agreed to murder an unwanted baby for convenience sake.
The third adverse Great Decision was made by the Supreme Court in 2003 in the case of Lawrence v. Texas. Basically, this Supreme Court case, according to Wikipedia, stuck down the sodomy law in Texas in a 6-3 ruling, and, by extension, invalidated sodomy laws in thirteen other states, making same-sex activity legal in every U.S. state and territory. However, as a direct result of this Supreme Court case, America and its leaders now openly support and worship the god of homosexuality in the public arena and in the military, which makes it a characteristic Sodom and Gomorrah nation. Also as a result, there are eighteen states and the District of Columbia that have voted to recognize same-sex marriage, which is one of the major planks in the homosexual platform for legitimizing amoral sexual behavior in the United States.
Ultimately, with a pro-homosexual Supreme Court supporting the homosexual agenda, it makes it much easier for homosexual leaders to achieve their main goal of forcing their agenda down the throats of people who believe that homosexuality is a sinful behavior. However, despite any and all court rulings used by activist judges to force all Americans to condone homosexuality, true Bible-believing Christians would never accept it as an alternative sexual orientation. Of course, Christians who do not believe that the whole Bible is the inspired Word of God would accept this lie, a lie which is being propitiated by the three branches of government in the United States.
The fourth adverse Great Decision was made on March 23, 2010. It was on that day that President Obama signed into law the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The major selling point of this horrible healthcare law was that all Americans would be able to afford healthcare insurance. However, the aftermath of the blotched Affordable Healthcare opening this past October was eye-opening and informative. Not only did the six billion dollar computer system fail to permit millions of Americans to sign up for government-mandated health insurance, it also proved the point of the Republican Party that the ACA was not affordable, that millions of Americans would lose their individual and possibly their group health insurance policies, that deductibles would drastically increase, that many Americans would not be permitted to keep their present doctors, that many hospitals would not provide services under the Affordable Healthcare Act, and that medical records would be at risk since they would have to be put in an electronic format. Unfortunately, as can be seen, the people who already had healthcare insurance lost the most from the ACA.
The fifth adverse Great Decision, an Immigration Reform Act, possibly will be made by the end of 2014 or early 2015. Of course, as everyone knows, the outcome of such a law would give eleven to twenty million illegal immigrants permission to come out of hiding and stay in the United States legally, even though they broke American laws when they crossed the U.S. border from Mexico illegally. If Congress gives in to the demands of President Obama and creates an Immigration Reform Act that basically gives amnesty to millions of undocumented aliens, it would be an injustice to all the immigrants who came to America legally and went through the process to become naturalized citizens and all other American citizens, too.
Finally, the sixth adverse Great Decision is the current Democratic administration’s agenda to promote income equality throughout the United States. Of course, everyone should realize that the promotion of income equality is also promoting socialism at the same time, since redistribution of wealth is a socialist plank in the socialist platform. However, some socialism has been incorporated into the American society since the days of Franklin Roosevelt. One prime example was President Roosevelt’s New Deal program, which was a government-funded public works project. Another example of a U.S. socialist program would be President Lyndon Baines Johnson’s Medicare/Medicaid program, which, despite its usefulness to Americans sixty-five years and older, is basically bankrupt now. Ultimately, America’s War on Poverty has not been successful either, even though trillions of dollars have been spent to help the poor since 1964. Therefore, the socialist program of redistribution of wealth does not work, but yet the current leaders of the United States are determined to undermine the American people and to take from those who do have and give to those who do not have.
Ultimately, these six adverse Great Decisions and other decisions made by legislative, executive, and judicial actions are directly responsible for creating a postmodern cultural society that is hemorrhaging to death. Many examples of this cultural hemorrhaging are:
Unemployment rates are too high.
• Interest rates are extremely too low.
• Many economists expect inflationary rates to spiral very soon.
• Public school have high dropout rates.
• Teenage and adult suicide rates are too high.
• Teenage pregnancy rates are extremely high as usual.
• The number of abortions in America are rising and are abominable.
• Atheism is on the rise.
• Homosexuality has become part of mainstream America.
• Salaries are lower than they were thirty years ago.
• Tax rates are climbing as the government attempts to redistribute wealth.
• The gang population is definitely on the rise.
• The number of mass murders has increased, especially in public schools.
• Military warfare is a continuous event for the United States.
• More and more states have recognized same-sex marriages.
• Marijuana has been legalized in several U.S. states with more to come.
• Atheists have attempted to stop all Christmas activities in the public arena.
• The executive branch has usurped authority from U.S. Constitution. *The Legislative and the Judicial Branches are not checking the Executive Branch.
• The Affordable Healthcare Act is socialized medicine.
• Millions of Americans are losing their health insurance as a result of Obamacare.
• Millions of American jobs are outsourced to foreign countries.
• The National Debt is over 17 trillion dollars and rising every second.
• Billions of dollars borrowed from foreign countries.
• Foreign nations, especially Communist China, are investing billions of dollars in the U.S.
• U.S. public schools are outranked by foreign countries.
• U.S. public schools promote the homosexual agenda.
• U.S. public schools promote Islam over Christianity.
• U.S. public schools promote curriculums created by anti-American nations.
• U.S. public schools preach tolerance, except for Christian students.
• U.S. public schools are incubators for all types of immorality.
• U.S. public schools have become death zones for students and teachers alike.
• U.S. public schools promote the secular humanist agenda of mind control of students.
• U.S. public schools deal with violence in the classroom and halls on a regular basis.
• U.S. public schools have students who interfere with the learning environment daily.
• Many Christian churches promote and condone sins of the culture.
• Many Christian churches promote a form of godliness but deny the anointing of the Holy Spirit.
• Many Christian churches promote prosperity over personal salvation.
• Many Christian churches preach a man-centered social gospel over a Christ-centered gospel.
• Government promotes anti-Christian legislation.
• Government classifies Christians, veterans, and Tea Party members as “Potential Terrorists.”
• Government sanctions abortions and homosexuality.
• Government permits homosexuals to openly serve in the United States military.
• Government promotes redistribution of wealth from the rich to the poor.
• Government uses Orwellian surveillance tactics to spy on Americans.
• Government prevents tax exempt status to conservative organizations.
• Government forces faith-based organizations to provide abortion coverage for employees.
• Government uses regulations, legislation, and high taxation to suppress capitalism.
• Government appoints enemies of America to executive positions.
• Government reduces military population at a time when more troops are needed.
• Government persecutes Christians in the military, especially Christian chaplains.
• Government promotes Islam over Christianity.
• Government is not protecting representatives of America overseas.
• Government does not truly support the military.
• Government is not attempting to get the release of Americans held overseas.
• Government leaders are using situational ethics or lying on a regular basis.
• Government promotes an entitlement mindset for the American people.
• Government promotes the bailout of failed businesses.
• Government passes bills without reading them.
• College students graduate with no hope for jobs.
• College students must depend on the government for college monies
• College costs have increased drastically.
• Colleges hire professors who teach atheistic, socialistic, and Marxist ideas to American students.
• Colleges are becoming anti-Christian bashing centers.
• Colleges attempt to silence the conservative political perspective
• Thousands of deaths are caused by drinking alcohol and driving.
• Thousands of people have become alcoholics and lost their families and their jobs.
• Thousands of people have become addicted to gambling and playing the Lottery.
• Hollywood promotes immorality, violence, and death in movies and on television.
• Hollywood promotes blood and gut in most movies, video games and some television programs.
• Hollywood promotes its anti-Christian viewpoint in movies and on television.
• Hollywood promotes wizardry (satanic spirits) in movies, video games, and on television.
Parents are murdering their children.
• Children are murdering their parents.*Bullying is on the rise in society.
• Young girls, teenage girls, and women are being kidnaped, raped, and murdered continually.
• Illegal immigrants receive benefits at taxpayers’ expense.
Of course, the list goes on and on. But, what is the purpose for creating such a long list of negative things that are happening regularly in the United States? The purpose is to make Americans aware that America is figuratively hemorrhaging from within.
Also, the purpose of this long list of cultural negatives is to make Americans aware that a nation that turns its back on the Lord God Jehovah would suffer all kinds of internal debauchery and eventually would be judged accordingly. As stated in the Bible in Psalms 9:17, “The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.”
Click here to visit NewsWithViews.com home page.
© 2013 Dr. Carl Parnell - All Rights Reserved
Carl Parnell retired from public school teaching in 1999. He taught history and other social science courses for over forty years. He taught middle school, high school, and college level. Carl was a Lead Teacher and Principal of the On-Campus School at Georgia Baptist Children’s Home in central Georgia. Presently, he's teaching at a private, Christian high school.
Carl served in the United States Army from 1968-1971. He also served in the United States Air Force Reserves from 1983-1986, was chosen Teacher of the Year in 1991. Carl was included in the 1993, 1994 and 2007 editions of Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers. He was selected Star Teacher at hes present school in 2007 and published his first book, "From Schoolhouse to Courthouse: Exposing America’s New Terror from Within" (ISBN: 1-58736-613-4) in July 2006.
Carl has completed his second book, which is in an eBook format, entitled "A Brewing Pot of Christian Persecution: America's Postmodern Anti-Christian Crusade." My eBook, as well as over 60 of my articles, can be viewed at FaithWriters. Com