Pastor Roger Anghis
May 27, 2012
Revelation 1:4 “John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
(5) And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
(6) “And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.”
Last week we began to study Gods purpose of Kings and Priests. The kings anointing is an anointing for provision, the power to get wealth and bring provision into the kingdom of God. The Priestly anointing is the five-fold ministry. They are anointed to have the vision. There is supposed to be a handful of priests and a multitude of kings. In a corporate setting, God has put people in positions according to how HE wants them to perform: 1 Corinthians 12:18 “But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.” The kings are no good without the priests and the priests are no good without the kings, so there has to be a divine partnership.
We learned that God has saved the best for the last. The end-times church will experience things that have never been seen by the church. Habakkuk 1:5 “Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvellously: for I will work a work in your days, which ye will not believe, though it be told you.”
Paul began to do things that Jesus never did, as predicted by Jesus: John 14:12 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.”
We see vengeance being taken by the Holy Spirit on people who opposed the spreading of the gospel.
Acts 13:4 “So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed unto Seleucia; and from thence they sailed to Cyprus.
(5) And when they were at Salamis, they preached the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews: and they had also John to their minister.
(6) And when they had gone through the isle unto Paphos, they found a certain sorcerer, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Barjesus:
(7) Which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius Paulus, a prudent man; who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to hear the word of God.
(8) But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.
(9)Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him,
(10) And said, O full of all subtlety and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?
(11) And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.
(12) Then the deputy, when he saw what was done, believed, being astonished at the doctrine of the Lord.”
I believe that we will begin to see this again, only in greater numbers, greater frequency and even greater severity. In the story where Daniel was called to interpret Nebuchadnezzar’s dream, what Daniel described was Jesus returning to destroy the present system. He isn’t coming back to fix a broke system, He’s coming to replace this system. We will be held accountable for what we do while we are here on the earth. If we do nothing because of opposition, that won’t go over very well because God has given us the power to overcome all opposition. We are not to be stopped by any opposition!! What ever we need to defeat the enemy will be given to us: Amos 3:7 “Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.” Today the prophets are the priests (preachers). Romans 10:13 “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
(14) How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
(15) And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!”
God uses the priest to bring a vision to light. In Nehemiah we see that as the kings cupbearer, Nehemiah had favor with the king and traveled to Jerusalem to survey the damage to the walls of Jerusalem While he was there God gave him a vision. Nehemiah 2:11 “So I came to Jerusalem, and was there three days.
(12) And I arose in the night, I and some few men with me; neither told I any man what my God had put in my heart to do at Jerusalem: neither was there any beast with me, save the beast that I rode upon.”
God is putting back the system of kings and priests. God gave Nehemiah the vision and the king supplied the provision. God knows that no one can rule in this economy without financial empowerment.
David was the only one that operated as a prophet, priest and a king.
1 Chronicles 22:5 “And David said, Solomon my son is young and tender, and the house that is to be builded for the LORD must be exceeding magnifical, of fame and of glory throughout all countries: I will therefore now make preparation for it. So David prepared abundantly before his death.”
1 Chronicles 22:14 “Now, behold, in my trouble (wars) I have prepared for the house of the LORD an hundred thousand talents of gold, and a thousand thousand talents of silver; and of brass and iron without weight; for it is in abundance: timber also and stone have I prepared; and thou mayest add thereto.” One talent of gold is equal to $2 million. The gold alone was worth $100 BILLION! The glory of the latter house will be greater than the former!
Deuteronomy 20:1 “When thou goest out to battle against thine enemies, and seest horses, and chariots, and a people more than thou, be not afraid of them: for the LORD thy God is with thee, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
(2) And it shall be, when ye are come nigh unto the battle, that the priest shall approach and speak unto the people,
(3) “And shall say unto them, Hear, O Israel, ye approach this day unto battle against your enemies: let not your hearts faint, fear not, and do not tremble, neither be ye terrified because of them;
(4) For the LORD your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.”
We are on God’s time table now. He has anointed this last generation for great things. Isaiah 8:18 “Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.” Remember that we are going to get the former and the latter rain in the first month. Part of that latter rain will include anything that comes against a believer will have to bow. Now, we also have to be aware that this is not going to be automatic. The believer will have to stand on the Word, but the enemy that comes against a believer who is willing to stand his ground, will overcome any attack the enemy can throw at him. This latter rain will also beautify the church. Anything that has caused shame to the church will be washed away. Sex scandals, money problems and all other things that have brought reproach to the church will be not just removed, but washed away. This will open up the church so that all unrighteousness will be removed. Truth will again abound from the church. God will use the preachers to bring the Word to the people so that the people can act on it and benefit from it.
1 Corinthians 12:12 “For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.” The book of Ester tells us that Ester was born for “such a time as this”. We too, are born for the time we are in to do what needs to be done. The body of Christ has many parts, but like a piece of machinery, they have to function flawlessly for the machinery to work properly. Each member of the body has to operate in what God has called us to do for everything to.
1 Corinthians 12:18 “But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.” We are to attend the church that HE has called us to. He knows who we will listen to. He knows where we will function best. You don’t just go where you want, where it is convenient for you to attend. 1 Cornthians 12:18 “But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.” God has set everybody where they are supposed to be. Adam was set where he was supposed to be. He is the perfect example of the priest with God being the king.
Genesis 1:26 “And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
(27) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
(28) And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish (bring back to former fullness) the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
(29) And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat (provision).” God has given Adam two things, vision and provision.
1 Corinthians 15:45 “And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.” Jesus came showing us how Adam operated. Jesus operated on earth as a king and a priest, but now He sits at the right hand of the Father, but His body is still here and it has kings and priests. Each member has an anointing for his specific appointment. The priest of the Old Testament was responsible for hearing from God. He was also responsible for making sacrifices, for receiving the tithes and offerings. He was also responsible for taking care of the House of God and for caring for the poor and afflicted. And he spoke blessings over the people before a battle.
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
The kings were the ones that went into battle and destroyed the enemies of God. They received the spoils of war and paid tithes and offerings to the priest. They governed the physical affairs of the nation. There was a handful of priests called the tribe of Levi and you had a multitude of kings. The priests would get the vision and the kings would supply the provision. Today God is taking this Old Testament model and bringing it into the New Testament church so that He can finish the work of replenishing the earth that Adam began in Genesis chapter 1.
Everybody has a job to fulfill in the kingdom of God. There is no welfare like there is in the worlds system. Yes, there are those that are not able to work because of a physical disability, but the church is supposed to take care of these people by either seeing to it that they are healed or taking care of their needs. Any body that can work is supposed to work. We see that the worlds system has tried to take the place of God and the church. Today’s government is trying to be the source for everything. Income, healthcare, retirement. To do this it must take from the wealthy to give to the poor. God did not set it up like that. He is to be our source for everything. He is to be the source for the visions and He is to be the source for the provision.
� 2012 Roger Anghis - All Rights Reserved
Pastor Roger Anghis is the Founder of RestoreFreeSpeech.org, an organization designed to draw attention to the need of returning free speech rights to churches that was restricted in 1954.
President of The Damascus Project, TheDamascusProject.org, which has a stated purpose of teaching pastors and lay people the need of the churches involvement in the political arena and to teach the historical role of Christianity in the politics of the United States. Married-37 years, 3 children, three grandchildren.
Web site: RestoreFreeSpeech.org