Pastor Roger Anghis
July 15, 2012
Stewardship: A way of handling or being trusted to handle the goods of someone else.
Revelation 1:5 “And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
(6) And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.”
We have been studying the Old Testament system of kings and priests. This system is being re-born in the New Testament era because it is the system that God used in the patriarchs time fund the building of His kingdom and it is the system that He will use in these last days to complete the ‘replenishing’ of the earth that Adam was to do and that we are to finish.
In the Old Testament the kings fought battles and the priest would pray a blessing over kings, the kings would win the battles and bring the spoils back to the priest in the form of tithes and offerings. Today the kings don’t fight battles, per say, they do their fighting in the business world and bring the spoils into the church so that the kingdom of God can be advanced. Both of these positions are anointed by God and are separate in the corporate setting.
In looking at how God set this system up in the beginning we see that there were 12 tribes. Only one tribe was designated as priests, the rest of them were designated as kings. So there is to be ample supply for the priest to have for the vision that God has given him for the kingdom. Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
(7) The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.” Going against most of what is taught today in the pulpit, I will say this” God expects us to be rich. This is laid out for us in Deuteronomy 28, we are supposed to be the head and NOT the tail, above and NOT beneath, and we are to lend unto many nations and we shall NOT borrow. That is simply a declaration from God for the Body of Christ to be the financial leaders in the world. Again, this mindset puts most of the church today into a tailspin, but no one that really studies scripture can refute the fact that God wants us wealthy, with material wealth, He doesn’t want us to worship that wealth, we are to worship Him. Proverbs 10:22 “The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.” The blessing of the Lord, blessing is the empowerment to prosper. The ability to increase in wealth comes from God, no matter what the preacher says, Gods intent is to make you wealthy. The word used for rich is ashar – and it means to accumulate, to grow, make rich, wax rich and in spite of what we hear about the bad effects that wealth has on man, scripture says that the wealth from God brings NO sorrow with it.
Genesis 1:28 “And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
(29) And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.” “Meat” is another word for provision. God is the one who gives us provision. Now look in chapter 3:17; Genesis 3:17 “And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
(18) Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
(19) In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.” What we see here is Adam sinned and lost fellowship with God, lost his assignment AND lost his provision! Now man spends his time trying to get enough provision because he lost his connection to God. It was never intended for man to chase after provision, provision was to chase after man. Deuteronomy 28:1 “And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
(2) And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.”
Our system today is a failed, broken system that can’t even help itself. God wants the church to teach how to eradicate poverty, but the church is wallowing in poverty itself. You can’t spend enough money to get people out of poverty. The US government has been trying to do that since FDR. FDR started the welfare state that has grown into a monstrous entitlement money hog for the American taxpayer. It has spent more money on programs to eliminate poverty than most of the worlds developing country’s gross incomes combined for the last 50 years! And poverty in America is bigger than it’s ever been. You have to change a person on the inside before he can change on the outside. This comes from the fact that the kings have not had the proper relationship with the priests. This has been because this concept had been forgotten by the church as well as the idea that the church is supposed to be the financial powerhouse in this world, not the unsaved. Because the kings did not know their role, funding the vision given to the priest given to him by God, many began funding their own vision. This has been a dismal failure in virtually every case. I recall one instance where a man decided to rebuild a ghetto area of his city. He moved the people out, paid for their stay while he raised the old dilapidated housing projects and built new units with all the amenities. Moved the people back in and within a year the inside of the building looked no better than the units that he tore down. The reason was the people had to be changed on the inside. If a person does not change the way he thinks, acts, responds, he will never change anything. Now this was a good idea, but it wasn’t a God idea. God knows what needs to be done and how it needs to be done and He gives that vision to the priest. The king is to fund that vision.
On the other hand, there are priests that have, by necessity, tried to be priest AND king because the funds have not been available. He has had to work and preach in an attempt to do what God has called him to do. This has usually resulted in wasted time AND funds and the kingdom does not move forward as it should. The enemy knows that the kingdom can not grow without financial power. Without money, the gospel can not be spread throughout the earth so he has made it a top priority to see to it that there is a division and mistrust between the kings and the priests and the priest and the pew.
It amazes me that you can have a mega church but not any effect on the community in which that church resides. We attended one of the mega churches in this area for several years, and we never really noticed any change in the people that attended that church. Oh, it was a feel good church. Everybody was nice and the church did some good things in the community, but we never saw anybody prospering and being better off after a couple of years of attending that church. They were poor when they joined and 4-5 years later, they were still poor. Crime was still the same in the area, it never went down.
Here’s the point that I want to make. I am not going to say this with the intent of offending anybody. If it does offend you, get over it. Studies show that one in every four people in the US claim to be born again. Other studies show that 80%+ of American claim to believe in God and have some type of church affiliation. The gay community is less that 1% of our population, they claim that it is over 10%, but they have no proof of that and will give no proof of that. What disturbs me is that the voice of the gay community is louder that the voice of the church. There is a simple reason for that. The gay community is out to change the culture and the church, for the most part, is nothing more than a weekend social event. The mega church that we used to attend had a local news station at the church for a special event and asked one of the members about how a church member should carry his faith and the member said that faith should be left inside the church. It is hard to be a light unto the world when you cover the light so no one can see it. Matthew 13:31 “Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
(32) Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.” Our calling can be in many areas. Some are called to schools, some to the business arena, some to sports or the entertainment industry, but we are to ‘plant’ God’s Word in each of these arenas. Yes we are to gather together as we do on Sundays, but the church is supposed to be a fueling stop, not the destination. Adam was charged with being fruitful and replenishing the earth. Replenishing requires that you subdue the earth. Genesis 1:28 tell us that we were made to have dominion over all the earth and everything in the earth. We are to control the world. As human beings we have the authority to control what happens on this earth. That was the original design. The power behind that can come from two sources. One from life, God, and one from death, satan. At this present time the force that seems to be dominate is that of death. That is evident in the fact that the church remains silent on too many things.
The long term effects of this silence can be devastating. In 1954 the church was unconstitutionally removed from the political process by a corrupt politician from Texas. The church grumbled a little bit but did nothing to restore the rights of the church to have a voice in our government’s political process. We are given an example of who are rulers are to be: Exodus 18:21 “Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens:” Today we are not allowed to identify from the pulpit the candidate who fears God and the candidate who is a snake in the grass.
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
We can’t pray in schools, based on the interpretation of a person ignorant of the intent of the 1st Amendment, whose author stated that the Bible is the best book for teaching. The Ten Commandments have been taken out of schools and our government buildings. Our apostasy, if not reversed, will cause us to lose our religious rights. The more the church is shoved into the background, the harder it is to become the light of the world. The less of a voice it will have and the less of an influence it will have in the world and this is just what the enemy wants. This is all the results of the church not teaching the proper role of the kings and the priests. So what ever the role is that you have in the body of Christ and where ever you have been placed in the world, YOU are to be influencing that arena, but that arena is not to be influencing you. We have allowed the world to dictate to the church what its role is for too long. We are supposed to dictate to the world its role! Only by understanding the role of the king and the priest will we know our true position in this world.
© 2012 Roger Anghis - All Rights Reserved
Pastor Roger Anghis is the Founder of RestoreFreeSpeech.org, an organization designed to draw attention to the need of returning free speech rights to churches that was restricted in 1954.
President of The Damascus Project, TheDamascusProject.org, which has a stated purpose of teaching pastors and lay people the need of the churches involvement in the political arena and to teach the historical role of Christianity in the politics of the United States. Married-37 years, 3 children, three grandchildren.
Web site: RestoreFreeSpeech.org