More President Obama’s lies exposed
Jews-Christians more likely victims of hate crime than Muslims
For almost eight years, President Barack Obama and his administration have been harping on the backlash against Muslims due to the activities of radical Islamic terrorists. And as is usually the case, the Democrats’ media sycophants echo the message that Muslims, including American citizens, are being treated unfairly and violently by non-Muslim Americnas.
In a speech by the Obama Justice Department’s head of Civil Rights Vanita Gupta in May, an audience of Muslims in California were told: “Today, the Muslim community faces trying times. Amidst a ratcheting up of divisive rhetoric, we see criminal threats against mosques; harassment in schools; and violence targeting Muslim Americans and individuals perceived to be Muslim. This discriminatory backlash doesn’t just harm the Muslim community. It violates the defining values of our country. And it threatens all of us who call America home.”
She added: “As a nation – and as a people – we cannot, and we will not, stay silent when individuals choose to attack or discriminate against any faith or any community. Together, we must speak out. And together, we must respond.”
Later, following a Muslim event, the Daily Beast breathlessly published this:
President Obama himself has chastised Americans for their descriptions of terrorists saying, for example, members of Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) are not Muslims and do not practice Islam, which is a religion of peace.
“President Obama is betting on the odds that most of the American people will never read The Koran nor examine the teachings of Mohammed, Islam’s founder,” said former New York police counter-terrorism officer Charles Melbourne. “It’s just political correctness run amok in Washington, D.C., and he gets away with it thanks to news media propaganda machine,” he noted.
According to the recently released FBI annual crime report (2015), last year practitioners of Islam were not the religious group that was the most frequently reported victims of hate crimes based on religion. In fact, Jews were more than twice as likely as Muslims to be victimized by haters. (See chart above)
FBI’S ANNUAL UNIFORM CRIME REPORT
An annual report for more than 80 years, the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Uniform Crime Report (UCR) contains a compilation of the volume and rate of violent and property crime offenses for the nation. According to the FBI, individual law enforcement agency data are also provided for those contributors supplying 12 months complete criminal data. In addition, the UCR includes arrest, clearance, and law enforcement employee data.
In 1996, the Justice Department and the FBI added a new category to the annual crime report: Bias Crime or what’s commonly called hate crime.
During the Obama Administration, the U.S. Justice Department under Attorneys General Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch, more attention has been paid to alleged hate crimes committed against Muslims in the United States than to any other hate crime sub-category.
Religious bias victims in 2015 – FBI/Department of Justice
Of the 1,402 victims of anti-religious hate crimes:
• 52.1 percent were victims of crimes motivated by their offenders’ anti-Jewish bias.
• 21.9 percent were victims of anti-Islamic (Muslim) bias.
• 4.3 percent were victims of anti-Catholic bias. (Christian)
• 4.1 percent were victims of bias against groups of religions (anti-multiple religions/group including Christians).
• 3.6 percent were victims of anti-Eastern Orthodox (Russian, Greek, Other) bias. (Christian)
• 3.4 percent were victims of anti-Protestant bias. (Christian)
• 1.3 percent were victims of anti-Other Christian bias.
• 0.6 percent were victims of anti-Mormon bias. (Christian)
• 0.4 percent were victims of anti-Hindu bias.
• 0.4 percent were victims of anti-Sikh bias.
• 0.1 percent were victims of anti-Jehovah’s Witness bias.
• 0.1 percent were victims of anti-Buddhist bias.
• 0.1 percent were victims of anti-Atheist/Agnostic bias.
• 7.6 percent were victims of bias against other religions (anti-other religion).
If the reader adds all of the Christian categories together (i.e. Catholic, Orthodox Christian, Protestant, etc.) hate crimes against Christians is close to the same as it is for Muslims. Add Jews and Christians together — since the nation’s founding documents are based on Judeo-Christian principles — and suddenly 21.9% doesn’t seem like an epidemic or the intensity it receives in the White House and in the country’s newsrooms.
© 2016 NWV – All Rights Reserved