[DISCLAIMER: The opinion in this article is the opinion of the author and is not necessarily the opinion of NewsWithViews.com, it’s employees, representatives, or other contributing writers.]
“A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
It has been rightly stated, “Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!” When does that “shame on me” come into play when it comes to the blatant hypocrisy of those who call themselves conservatives who have been fooled over and over again by the current administration?
The sad part about this is what the right calls “the left” is calling them out for their hypocrisies (Matthew 23:3). I hope you now understand why today’s conservatives are yesterday’s lawless and un-principled liberals.
Do you remember on the campaign trail that Donald Trump was going to have Mexico fund the border wall, and that it would cost $4 billion dollars, and that it was going to be so easy to get the job done?
Well, think again.
How many times was the wall (Malachi 1:4) promised to the American people with ever changing and unfulfilled promises?
The list of false promises and an ever-changing agenda are marked below.
Each statement is different and in a different setting regardless if he is speaking to a reporter or an audience. Donald Trump is simply telling the sheep what it is that they want to hear (Matthew 13:25).
Wasn’t Mexico supposed to pay for the wall?
Donald Trump, “I will build a great, great wall. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”
Well, Mr. Trump, I am marking YOUR words.
- The wall is going to be built, folks. Just-in case anybody has any question.
- We need the wall. We’re going to build the wall.
- We’re going to have a wall.
- The wall’s happening.
- Build that wall. Build that wall.
- On day one, we will begin working on an impenetrable, physical, tall powerful, beautiful southern border wall.
- We’ll, I’d love not to build the wall but you need the wall.
- Building it, not negotiable.
- We have no choice.
- We have to close down our government we’re building that wall.
(The government was never shut down! Yet Obama’s $1.3 trillion dollar omnibus bill funding America’s enemies without and within was not only illegally and unconstitutionally signed by Obama, but Donald Trump also signed similar legislation this year behind the media’s smoke and mirrors “March for our lives” on the same weekend)
Remember, Paul Ryan went from saying, “We are not going to pay for that [the wall] to, “We are going to finance the Secure Fence act, which is the construction of the physical barrier.”
Back to Donald Trump mockingly repeating critics, “You can’t get Mexico to pay for the wall.” Of course, you can.
- Do you have any doubt that I will get them to pay for the wall?
- We will build the wall as sure as you are standing there.
- As sure as you are standing there. 100 percent.
- Who’s going to pay for the wall? Audience: Mexico!
- Who’s not going to pay for the wall? Vermont.
- REPORTER: It now appears clear U.S. taxpayers will have to pay for it upfront. What is your plan- TRUMP: That is not clear at all.
- REPORTER: So the American taxpayer will pay for the wall at first?
- TRUMP: All it is, is we’ll be reimbursed.
- Mexico will be reimbursing the United States.
- It will be reimbursed.
- It may be through reimbursement.
- We did discuss the wall, we didn’t discuss payment of the wall.
- I will build the greatest wall that you’ve ever seen.
- I want a gorgeous wall. And you do a beautiful, nice precast plank with beautiful everything. Just perfect.
- CHILD: What’s it going to be made of? TRUMP: Ohhhh, It’s going to be made of hardened concrete, and it’s going to be made out of rebar and steel.
- I’m talking about a wall. See that ceiling up there? Higher.
- We’re thinking about building the wall as a solar wall.
- And were going to have a door in the wall.
- If they ever get up there, they’re in trouble. Because there is no way to get down, maybe a rope.
- It’s not a fence, it’s a wall.
- Yeah, it could be-it could be some fencing.
- Mexico will not pay for the wall. Could we have your comment? I said, yes the wall just got 10 feet higher.
- 10 feet taller.
- 10 feet higher.
- 10 feet higher, higher, higher.
- Let’s say the wall costs $4 billion.
- $5 Billion dollars.
- The wall is going to cost $6 or 7 billion.
- The wall is probably $8 billion.
- It’s going to cost $10 billion.
- The wall’s going to cost $10 billion, maybe 12.
- We’re putting down $25 billion for the wall.
- TRUMP: And who’s going to pay for the wall? AUDIENCE: Mexico! TRUMP: Who’s going to pay for the wall? AUDIENCE: Mexico! TRUMP: Who’s going to pay for the wall? AUDIENCE: Mexico! I’ve never done that before, that’s actually cool. I’ve never done that before-I swear it.
Wasn’t Mexico Supposed to Pay for The Wall?
You just cannot make this stuff up! The hypocrisies of Donald Trump and his blind and unprincipled followers (Matthew 15:14) are unprecedented.
This is what happens when men put their trust in the arm of the flesh (Jeremiah 17:5). The curse (devoted to destruction) simply falls upon them that refuse to acknowledge the truth (Jeremiah 3:13).
Remember what President Eisenhower stated,
“A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.”
Article posted with permission from Sons Of Liberty Media
© 2018 Bradlee Dean – All Rights Reserved
E-Mail Bradlee Dean: Bradlee@SonsOfLibertyRadio.com