By Jim Kouri – Senior Political News Writer
The presidential race appears to be fast approaching with Trump-Derangement Syndrome sufferers attempting to create a nation divided.
The phenomenal government-watchdog group under the leadership of two experts on political and government corruption has been highlighting one largely overlooked aspect of the presidential race: the radical Left’s plan to violently challenge election results.
After months of civil unrest – which includes aggravated assaults, looting of businesses, arson, cop-killings and crime – the anarchists and professional-protesters have witnessed police departments taking little, if any, action to curb the tide of crime committed by the Antifa and other groups.
That alone has emboldened these so-called protesters to create havoc in the United States.
The anarchists plan is described in a document from the political group, the Transition Integrity Project. They released an ostensibly bi-partisan report, “Preventing a Disrupted Presidential Election.”
- The Transition Integrity Project (TIP) 1 was launched in late 2019 out of their concern that the Trump Administration may seek to manipulate, ignore, undermine or disrupt the 2020 presidential election and transition process. TIP takes no position on how Americans should cast their votes, or on the likely winner of the upcoming election; either major party candidate could prevail at the polls in November without resorting to “dirty tricks.”
- However, the administration of President Donald Trump has steadily undermined core norms of democracy and the rule of law and embraced numerous corrupt and authoritarian practices.
- This presents a profound challenge for those – from either party – who are committed to ensuring free and fair elections, peaceful transitions of power, and stable administrative continuity in the United States.
- The American people have the right to choose their next president without intimidation or interference in the normal electoral process. Believers in democracy and the rule of law should therefore be prepared to take action to ensure that the results of the 2020 presidential election reflect the will of the American people.
- Like many authoritarian leaders, President Trump has begun to lay the groundwork for potentially ignoring or disrupting the voting process, by claiming, for instance, that any mail-in ballots will be fraudulent and that his opponents will seek to have non-citizens vote through fraud. Similarly, he has frequently expressed the view that he is entitled to additional time in office and that his opponents are seeking to steal the election.
- If President Trump’s future actions violate long-standing legal and ethical norms relating to presidential elections, there is also a risk that they will push other actors, includingsome in the Democratic Party, to similarly engage in practices that depart from traditional rule of lawnorms, out of perceived self-defense.
- The goal of TIP is to highlight these various electoral and transition-related risks and make recommendations to all actors, individual and institutional, who share a commitment to democracy and the rule of law.
- The recommendations shared here reflect input from both Republicans and Democrats committed to these values. However, because the primary threat to the integrity of the election and transition appears to come from the Trump Administration, most of the recommendations in this memo focus on how actors committed to the rule of law can restrain or counter anti-democratic actions the Trump Administration and its supporters may take in connection with the 2020 election.
- That TIP’s concerns are widely shared is reflected in the media attention which this project has already begun to garner.
In September, Judicial Watch’s investigative team leader Chris Farrell examined “The Militant Left’s Plan to Disrupt the 2020 Presidential Election.” It is disturbing reading.
The main takeaway from the Judicial Watch special report? This is not simply the thinking of a group of nutty left-wing academics and activists, but a document straight from the center of the Democratic Party.
According to Canada Free Press, the figure at the heart of the Transition Integrity Project is John Podesta, the senior strategist for the Democratic Party. Podesta was a top aide to presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, founder of the influential liberal think tank, the Center for American Progress, and chairman of Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign. For the electoral “war games” mapped out in the TIP report, Podesta played Joe Biden.
“TIP is a collection of professional Democratic operatives and Republican ‘Never Trumpers,’” the Judicial Watch report notes. “Organizers and leaders include Georgetown law professor Rosa Brooks, Nils Gilman of the ‘independent’ Berggruen Institute in California,” and Podesta. Anti-Trump Republicans in the group include Michael Steele, David Frum, and Bill Kristol.
Judicial Watch’s disturbing conclusion? The publication of the TIP report “is an information warfare strategy employed for revolutionary political purposes.”
“It’s a sophisticated action plan that includes cultivating an anti-Trump electoral consensus in the media; planning for “a street fight, not a legal battle;” leveling a vast array of criminal accusations against the president and his team; co-opting an already sympathetic federal bureaucracy into the anti-Trump effort; and pressuring the military, law enforcement, and state-level civil servants,” said officials from Judicial Watch.
© 2020 NWV – All Rights Reserved
Contact Jim Kouri – E-Mail: COPmagazine@aol.com