Pastor Roger Anghis
August 5, 2012
Where Your Treasure Is...
Revelation 1:5 “And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
(6) And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.”
In our studies of kings and priests we have learned that this Old Testament example is being brought into the New Testament. This example is of how the kingdom of God is increased by the priests bringing forth the vision that has been given him by God for the kingdom and the kings supplying the provision for that vision.
In the New Testament we can be both in our families. We pray for our families, for direction, and even pray for provision. We are also have the role of the king in the family setting, owning a business or working for someone else. But in the corporate setting, these anointing are separate. In the Old Testament there was one tribe of priests, the Levites, and eleven tribes kings. A few to receive the vision and many to supply the provision. In the Old Testament only a few were anointed for their position, but in the New Testament all believers are anointed for one position or another: 1 Corinthians 7:7 “For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.” You are here for a reason. God needs you to do a specific job that only you can do. Remember Ester? In chapter 4 it states that she was born for such a time as this. You were born for such a time as this. God has released you at this time so that you can fulfill what He has called you to do.
The church was designed to be planted in the world to influence the world. The church was not designed to be an entity in and of itself! The church has become more and more nothing more than a weekend social event instead of a lifestyle. Very few people can be classified a s a Christian outside of the church. That is why the gay community has been able to infiltrate our schools and even the churches and get a strong foothold within our governmental process. Our job is to bring kingdom living, (ways, beliefs, lifestyle), into the world. Our sphere of influence is where we work and where we live. Our best way to influence is by example. That is where we have a big problem. Most Christians do live like Christians. They go to church every week, but the rest of the week, they are not discernable from the rest of the world.
your role is important. Without understanding we will not be able to
fulfill our calling. Proverbs 4:7 “Wisdom is the principal thing;
therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.”
There has been great confusion over the years concerning intelligence.
Most people believe that intelligence means wisdom. The dumbest people
I know have college degrees.
Yes, they have information, but they are not taught how to use that information. How can someone that spends 10 years in medical school perform an abortion? They have taken an oath to do all they can to preserve life, yet they are willing to end the life of a defenseless child. That is not using wisdom. That shows an extreme lack of wisdom. When a Christian says that religion should be kept within the walls of the church, that person has no wisdom concerning the kingdom of God. Churches that become huge churches yet fail to impact the community where they are, fail to use the wisdom necessary to influence society. As the mustard seed becomes large enough for birds to nest in it, so too the church should grow in stature and prominence in the community because of its influence on the community.
One of the problems we have discovered in the churches inability to be an influence is a lack of character. We learned what kind of character Joseph had when he was throw into a pit and then sold into slavery. He maintained his character and God blessed him mightily. Peter had a problem with integrity that we sometimes forget. He told Jesus that even if all the others forsake Him, he would not. We all know what happened right after that. Jesus was taken by the Romans and Peter denied he knew Jesus three times. But after the day of Pentecost, that all changed and Peter told the Sanhedrin and the Pharisees that he was going to teach and preach in the Name of Jesus no matter what they said. Integrity became his foundation.
also encompasses the tithe. Studies show that a very low percentage
actually tithes. Malachi says that when you don’t tithe, you are
stealing from God. The tithe is a covenant connector that opens the
windows of heaven. Paying the tithe gives God the right to rebuke the
devourer on your behalf. Paying the tithe creates a foundation of character
that you can build on.
Even when we ‘couldn’t afford’ to tithe, we did. We did so because we knew that it was the only way we could guarantee to ourselves that Gods hand would stay on us. Where your heart is there your treasure is also. Abraham’s heart was with God as was Isaac’s, Jacob’s, Joseph’s, David’s, Solomon’s and the disciples. If your treasure doesn’t have your heart, your treasure will soon change.
Integrity with the tithe will allow you to not be effected by the worlds system. When the worlds system causes wide spread panic, you aren’t even effected by it, God has rebuked the devourer. When one of your kids starts running wild, you have the right to put a hedge around him. (Jesse) When you need a financial miracle, you have a heavenly account to draw upon. When everybody at work is getting sick, you aren’t even effected by it. When they start laying off at work and you were the last hired, usually the first to get laid off, they keep you and let everybody else go. You can’t tithe to a politician! You’re giving him something that isn’t yours to give. Bring all the tithes into MY HOUSE so My house has meat.
Matthew 6:19 “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
(20) But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
(21) For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
(22) The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
(23) But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
(24) No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
(25) Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
(26) Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
(27) Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
(28) And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
(29) And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
(30) Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
(31) Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
(32) (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
(33) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
Genesis 1:26 “And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
(2)7 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
(28) And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
(29) And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.”
Genesis 2:8 “And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.”
Genesis 2:15 “And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
(16) And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
(17) But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.”,
Three things God gave man: Fellowship, assignment, and provision. In Chapter 3 Eve converses with the devil, he convinces her to eat the forbidden fruit and convinces Adam to do the same.
Genesis 3:8 “And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. Loss of fellowship
(9) And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?” Loss of position
3:17 “And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto
the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded
thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy
sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; Loss
(18) Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
(19) In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.” From this point Adam and Eve became survivors. Satan is running things. Proverbs 10:22 “The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow (painful toil) with it.”We will have to be open to God’s voice. His voice will often sound foolish. Luke 5:1 “And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret,
(2) And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets.
(3) And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon's, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship.
Subscribe to the NewsWithViews Daily News Alerts!
(4) Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.
(5) And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.
(6) And when they had this done, they enclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.”
God’s supply can not be diminished.